Revolutions Reminder!

Glyph

Glyph is worse than some and better than others. He believes that life is just one damned thing after another, that only pop music can save us now, and that mercy is the mark of a great man (but he's just all right). Nothing he writes here should be taken as an indication that he knows anything about anything.

1. Avatar aaron david

I will do everything in my power to be there, as it was a blast.Report

2. Avatar Slade the Leveller

F*ck yeah, I’ll be there. This time with single malt in hand.Report

3. Avatar Chris

I’ll be there, if Google lets me.Report

4. Avatar krogerfoot

I’m drunk already. Preemptive.Report

5. Avatar Reformed Republican

I should be there again. Last time was a lot of fun.Report

• Avatar Glyph in reply to Reformed Republican

Awesome. Hey, I have a friend who may be moving to Houston (he does electrical engineering, and heard he can make much more $ out there). So I may be bugging you for advice.Report

• Avatar Reformed Republican in reply to Glyph

I have not been here long, so I do not have a lot of advice, but I can share what little I do have.Report

• Avatar Chris in reply to Glyph

First piece of Houston advice: move somewhere other than Houston.Report

• Avatar Glyph in reply to Glyph

I dunno man, my buddy (the one who opened Swan Dive in Austin) is now in the process of opening a second Houston location. Apparently the city is really trying to modernize, adding parks and greening the city.

I’ve never been, so I can’t say, but it’s got a good reputation as a city on the rise.Report

• Avatar Trumwill in reply to Glyph

We recently took a trip to the South. When baby got outside, she gave a look like “What is this?!”

“Welcome to the southern heat and humidity, sweetpea…” and it wasn’t even as bad as we were expecting.Report

• Avatar Chris in reply to Glyph

Yeah, I give Houston a hard time, but it is a rapidly growing and rapidly progressing city. They have light rail, they have museums, and they have a ton of money in a pretty liberal political environment, but it’s still sprawl the likes of which no one who’s not from L.A. can possibly comprehend, oppressive humidity, hurricanes, Big Oil, and Texans. Also, the Astros.

Swan Dive remains very cool, though, so if they add a similar place in Houston, that will up its livability a bit.Report

• Avatar Glyph in reply to Glyph

TWO similar places in Houston.

So it’s twice as livable!Report

6. Avatar Glyph

@aaron-david @slade-the-leveller @chris @reformed-republican @krogerfoot

I will be a couple minutes late, on purpose. I want to see if the Hangout organizer has to be there, for the Hangout to get started/run (I don’t think so, but supposedly my Google account is what gets us 15 slots instead of the usual 10, so Google must be doing SOMETHING specific to me). Slade, just jump on in with your selection, or if Slade isn’t there then someone else go for it.

If it won’t start, get a drink and I’ll be there in 5-10 minutes. Talk to y’all tonight!Report