Leaguefest Update!

Tod Kelly

Tod is a writer from the Pacific Northwest. He is also serves as Executive Producer and host of both the 7 Deadly Sins Show at Portland's historic Mission Theatre and 7DS: Pants On Fire! at the White Eagle Hotel & Saloon. He is  a regular inactive for Marie Claire International and the Daily Beast, and is currently writing a book on the sudden rise of exorcisms in the United States. Follow him on Twitter.

1. Avatar Miss Mary says:

They all say Friday! I’m sure you mean Saturday.Report

2. Avatar Miss Mary says:

I’m in town Sunday as well. I really want to see like every inch of the Smithsonian, the National Mall, The Capitol, and of course I’ll need a pedicure when I’m done. 🙂 So much to see, so little time!!!Report

• Avatar Vikram Bath says:

I’m there Sunday! I was going to ask who might be around when I got there.

I have to admit I might not actually want a pedicure. I’ve had one once. It was in China and immensely painful.Report

3. Avatar Burt Likko says:

I am gonna miss being there terribly. I’ve met more than half the confirmed participants IRL at past Leaguefests so this feels a bit like skipping a reunion. I’ll particularly miss meeting Vikram. Have a great time, friends.

Lurkers and others who may be in the area, overcome whatever shyness you may have and get in touch with Our Tod. This is a great bunch of people who are socially ept and interested in you. And a good meal and a good agenda.

You won’t regret making time to make friends In meatworld with this crew. I guarantee it.Report

4. Avatar Kazzy says:

I think the OT crowd would love the Newseum. Unfortunately, it is not free. But it is worth the cost of admission. It’s just off the mall.

The Museum of Crime and Punishment is also very cool. Also not free. Located by the Verizon Center.

I’ve heard good things about the Spy Museum, but have not attended.Report

• Avatar Miss Mary says:

At this rate I’ll need a vacation home in the area. Thanks, Kaz. 😉Report

• Avatar Kazzy says:

Heh… I didn’t love living in the DMV area (though I can certainly see why it would be desirable for someone looking to put down roots with a family). That said, it is a great city to visit. You’ll find no shortage of things to do. Enjoy!Report

• Avatar Damon says:

I’ve been to the Crime and Punishment museaum. I didn’t consider it worth the price..and I didn’t pay 🙂 Cost > benefit. Good gelato nearby though 🙂 Least it was better than the Museaum of Sex in Manhattan.Report

• Avatar Philip H says:

The Spy Museum is OK, but frankly most of the stuff in there I have read about one place or another.
      I’ll probably make either Friday Night or Saturday night – but not likely both.Report

5. Avatar Will Truman says:

We… may end up with a little one with us. She is well-behaved and we will take appropriate steps if she makes herself a distraction. My sister-in-law and us hadn’t realized that this event would conflict her her trip to Tanzania.Report