Gold!

Chris

Chris lives in Austin, TX, where he once shook Willie Nelson's hand.

1. Avatar Glyph

Dang it, these won’t play on the iPad. Tomorrow.

But, you guys…the new Afghan Whigs is really, REALLY good. Can’t stop playing it.

I’m also listening to Flashbacks and Dream Sequences: the Story of the Moles, which compiles the complete output of the early 90s Australian band. Lots to like, if you dig Flying Nun stuff like Clean/Chills/Bats, or GbV, or Syd Barrett, or just jangle-punk-psych-pop in general.

So, right up my alley.Report

2. Avatar zic

Ha. My sweetie’s partner for many years (he and his wife stood with us at our wedding) sang the theme song for a Roger Moore non-Bond spy film, Gold.

You may know this singer, Jimmy Helms, better as a member of London Beat. Probably one of the most gifted musicians I’ve ever met; extraordinary trumpet/flugelhorn player, talented composer, and stage presence that exudes sex appeal. Being an old hippie chick, perhaps my favorite work is the backup vocals he sang on David Essex’s Rock On — they totally make the tune.

Here he is, on a more recent project — Eumir Deodato’s The Crossing. Dude’s got a voice like velvet.

3. Avatar zic

Comic (not music) gold — The only agency in government that really listens.

4. Avatar Maribou

I’ve been taking YouTube’s advice and listening to the Robert Glasper Experiment. It’s interesting. They’re really really good but I haven’t decided yet if I like them or not.

5. Avatar Saul DeGraw

She’s a bass!

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

She’s very nice, very talented.Report

6. Avatar zic

Kenny Garrett quartet.

7. Avatar MelanJO

At first I want to say thank you for sharing with us. I think this post will be effective for all.
    HandymanReport