Three!

Chris

Chris lives in Austin, TX, where he once shook Willie Nelson's hand.

1. Avatar Mike Dwyer

Those are all actually pretty good songs – but man, they are hard to watch. I never realized how creepy it was to have those other two singers standing around. Somebody should at least give them a tambourine or teach them a couple of rhythm cords.Report

2. Avatar Mike Schilling

Back in the late 80s, I bought three cassettes to keep me company on a long, solo drive, and one was this same Three Dog Night collection. The song I’d add to your three is this one:

The other two cassettes were Billy Joel’s The Stranger and The Kinks Kronikles. I think I did well.Report

• Avatar Chris in reply to Mike Schilling

Oh man, that is an awesome song.

When I was in high school, Three Dog Night was not exactly one of the “cool” classic rock bands to like, but I was still listening to my Mom’s greatest hits cassette, and got a lot of heat for it. My other favorite is, of course, this one:

3. Avatar zic

Oh my. I’m your mother’s peer.

Way to make a girl feel old.

My mother’s were on vinyl and 8-track. I still like this one:

• Avatar Chris in reply to zic

My grandfather once told me that there was no good music after the 50s. Everything he had was also on vinyl, and it was mostly big band and swing, with some classical and Church music (Catholic).

My mother, on the other hand, knows the words to every song that got radio play between 1960 and 1972.Report

4. Avatar Sam Fran Sam

When i was ten, in 1964, it was the British Invasion. Beatles, Stones, Herman’s Hermits, Freddy and the Dreamers, Chad and Jeremy…

and Motown, The Supremes, Sam and Dave,

and surf music, the Beach Boys,

Top40 AM radio was really big in those days.Report

5. Avatar Sam Fran Sam

the best music ever written is whatever you were listening to in high school.Report