93 years and a bit of change….

Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto is a policy analyst and part-time dungeon master. When not talking endlessly about matters of public policy, he is a dungeon master on the NWN World of Avlis

1. Avatar Burt Likko

I felt similar wistfulness about my own grandfather’s place in history and his military service upon his passing a few years ago. It sounds as though you have much to celebrate from his life: his bravery, his industry, his perseverance, and his role in the inculcation of values and culture to his family, including yourself. Maximum respect for Tamotsu, and condolences for you and your family.Report

2. Avatar Jonathan McLeod

RIP. Best wishes, Nob.Report

3. Avatar NewDealer

I am sorry for your loss.

I just met a guy last night whose parents were both Holocaust survivors. They met on the boat over to the United States. They were also both lucky to have most of their families survive.

It makes me feel fortunate that my ancestors came over to the United States well before WWII.Report

4. Avatar Chris

I am sorry for your loss.Report

5. Avatar zic

Virtual {{{{{{hug}}}}}} Nob.

He helped rebuild something rather remarkable, I think.You are one piece of evidence of that remarkable something.Report

6. Avatar Maribou

I’m sorry for your loss. Thank you for telling us about him.Report

7. Avatar Alan Scott

My grandfather just passed away last month, at the age of 88. I was fortunate to live nearby and spend a lot of time with him in the last year of his life.

When my other grandfather (who coincidentally, was stationed in Japan in the 50s) passed away several years ago, my sister was studying abroad. I remember how hard it was for her to be on the other side of the world while a loved one is dying. You have my condolences.Report