Extra Cheese

Burt Likko

Pseudonymous Portlander. Homebrewer. Atheist. Recovering Republican. Recovering Catholic. Recovering divorcé. Editor-in-Chief Emeritus of Ordinary Times. Relapsed Lawyer, admitted to practice law (under his real name) in California and Oregon. On Twitter, to his frequent regret, at @burtlikko. House Likko's Words: Scite Verum. Colite Iusticia. Vivere Con Gaudium.

1. Avatar Mad Rocket Scientist says:

That’s… just… WOW!

So damn creepy! [SHUDDER!]Report

2. Avatar Tod Kelly says:

Here’s a post Burt or someone else should do:

Why is it that once an actor/actress has been in any sci-fi/horror TV show or movie – no matter how bad it was or how dreadful they were – they are granted a career in sci-fi/horror movies for the rest of their lives? Not only a career, but one in which DVD boxes will say things like, “Featuring Walter Koenig of STAR TREK!” even if they have, like, 2 lines?Report

3. Avatar NewDealer says:

Keep in mind “so bad its good” has always gone over my head. Same with Camp and Kitsch.Report

• Avatar Will Truman says:

It can be a fun social activity. It’s simple enough that you can talk to people while you’re watching it without missing much. You can make fun of it together.Report

• Avatar NewDealer says:

I care about art too much. Life is too short and there is too much good art out there. I can’t imaging wasting time on the campy/kitschy stuff.

Though I also don’t quite get passive entertainment either. Perhaps my brain is just hyper active.Report

• Avatar J@m3z Aitch says:

Life is too short for humor?Report

• Avatar NewDealer says:

James,

There is plenty of intentional comedy that I can watch and laugh with and at while still avoiding this stuff 🙂 Stuff with actual wit and intelligence.Report

• Avatar Mad Rocket Scientist says:

Oh just ignore NewDealer, he plain doesn’t get it.

Let him have his high-brow artsy-fartsy “humor”, we can all enjoy this excellent beer & pizza movie without his belly-aching the death of wit.

😉Report

• Avatar NewDealer says:

MRS,

The Philadelphia Story isn’t funny?Report

• Avatar Glyph says:

MRS was a Navy man. There’s nothing “funny” about covert invisibility experiments resulting in time-traveling destroyers. 😉Report

• Avatar Rod says:

The time-travelling part is fine by this Navy man. It’s the sailors embedded in bulkheads that give me the williies.Report

• Avatar Mike Schilling says:

@newdealer

Not compared to Bringing Up Baby.Report

• Avatar Kim says:

NewDealer,
        Surely you’d laugh at folks reading the stage directions??
        I’ll quote:
        “This is quite homoerotic”

You’ve done theatre, surely you can laugh at people doing it wrong?

(Note: additional hilarity ensues when someone tries to make a bad
        show, and instead makes a /good/ one).Report

• Avatar Mad Rocket Scientist says:

I agree with Rod, the whole “sailors in the bulkheads” bit was unfunny, the rest was pretty cool.Report

• Avatar dhex says:

“I never understood the appeal of this kind of entertainment and probably never well.”

what is this…emotion…you humans call…fun?Report

4. Avatar Damon says: