Monoprogramming

Burt Likko

Pseudonymous Portlander. Homebrewer. Atheist. Recovering Republican. Recovering Catholic. Recovering divorcé. Editor-in-Chief Emeritus of Ordinary Times. Relapsed Lawyer, admitted to practice law (under his real name) in California and Oregon. On Twitter, to his frequent regret, at @burtlikko. House Likko's Words: Scite Verum. Colite Iusticia. Vivere Con Gaudium.

1. Avatar Will Truman

The answer to your question is no, actually. Because TNT has the syndication rights to the flagship program and would probably object.Report

2. Avatar Adam

No, because sometimes they have Psych.Report

3. Avatar RTod

More to the point, shouldn’t the Law & Order franchise be renamed, “The Same Damn Soty, Over and Over?”

I sometimes think they only ever made six or seven episodes that they play over and over but no one notices because they just have L&O on in the background while they do other stuff. L&O is the George Winston of television programming.Report

• Avatar zic in reply to RTod

L&O is the George Winston of television programming.

The Kenny G of comparisons.Report

• Avatar Mike Schilling in reply to RTod

I think that the only L&O episodes I’ve ever seen all the way through were the crossovers with Homicide, which the L&O actors loved because for once it wasn’t the same damned thing they did in every other episode. The interplay between Richard Belzer’s Munch and Jerry Orbach’s Briscoe were awesome: Munch wanted to hate Briscoe, who had slept with an ex-wife he still regretted breaking up with, but Briscoe was so cool, collected, and self-confident (everything Munch isn’t), that Munch couldn’t help liking him and wanting to be his friend.Report

• Avatar NewDealer in reply to RTod

All I know is that a lot of my friends (seemingly all women) take a lot of comfort in watching Law and Order marathons or using it as a background of some kind. They seem to especially like Law and Order: Special Victims Unit.Report

4. Avatar Kolohe

I think I’ve seen more NCIS than L&O of late. I remember when it used to be Wings.Report