Monday trivia #130 [Mo wins]

Russell Saunders

Russell Saunders is the ridiculously flimsy pseudonym of a pediatrician in New England. He has a husband, three sons, daughter, cat and dog, though not in that order. He enjoys reading, running and cooking. He can be contacted at blindeddoc using his Gmail account. Twitter types can follow him @russellsaunder1.

1. Avatar zic

I’d like to guess costume designers for movies; but some of my favorite designers do a lot of design for theater.

But given this is the world of merch, I suspect a better guess is a line of fashion based on a trademarked brand or logo; a comic-book version of the Nike Tee.Report

2. Avatar NewDealer

Simon Doonan?

Jem and the Holograms?

Dazzler?

Mary Jane Watson/Parker?

IIRC there was a superhero who was also a fashion designer.Report

3. Avatar Tod Kelly

I assume the answer is Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel?Report

4. Avatar Russell Saunders

I think I need to clarify something — it is necessary to hover over the left side of the diagram and click through the link to determine which designer in particular I’m asking about.Report

5. Avatar Reformed Republican

Outfits nobody would wear in real life?Report

6. Avatar ktward

What a stunning collection! I would totally wear numbers 4 & 5, especially 8 & 10 thru 14, also too 18 thru 24. (Wish to gawd I had someplace to wear 21.) Hopefully some good knock-offs of Miller’s designs will eventually wind their way down to a store I can afford to shop in.Report

7. Avatar NewDealer

I’m more of an Engineered Garments and 45rpm kind of guy.

Aka as “heritage” wear in fashion speak.

8. Avatar LeeEsq

Millie the Model.Report

9. Avatar Mark Thompson

You could not have picked two topics about which I know less. I think I’ll sit this one out.Report

10. Avatar Jaybird

There was a comic called “Dial H for Hero” a million years ago that had the gimmick of “YOU ARE THE CREATIVE TEAM!”

Kids would create superheroes and superpowers and that would be the superhero for the issue. They also had people send in outfits for the teens to wear in their secret identities… it felt like every page had a different person’s name in the corner saying something like “outfits by Katie K., Des Moines, Iowa” or “Crabinator by Sam S., Utica New York.

Of course, following the link, I see that this has nothing to do with that.Report

11. Avatar Mo

The Nicole Miller Spiderman scarf?Report

12. Avatar Russell Saunders

Tuesday hint: Something old, something new…Report

13. Avatar Mike Schilling