Monday Trivia, No. 129 [Don Zeko wins!]

Burt Likko

Pseudonymous Portlander. Homebrewer. Atheist. Recovering litigator. Recovering Republican. Recovering Catholic. Recovering divorcé. Recovering Former Editor-in-Chief of Ordinary Times. House Likko's Words: Scite Verum. Colite Iusticia. Vivere Con Gaudium.

1. Avatar Burt Likko

(I’m actually getting conflicting information about “Jungle Fever.” Questioning whether I should remove it from the list.)Report

2. Avatar aaron david

They are all first movies for people who went on to win oscars.Report

3. Avatar aaron david

Oh, Zulu links to the Wedding Party.Report

4. Avatar Russell Saunders

So much for my hope that I would be able to get at least a movie trivia question correct. I’m wondering if it has something to do with special effects.Report

5. Avatar aaron david

First movies by people who later were on the cover of Vanity Fair.Report

6. Avatar Burt Likko

Wednesday hint: There’s several other films out there that technically meet this qualification, but I picked these because as for these films, things actually worked out the way they were supposed to.Report

7. Avatar Kolohe

They all have characters where the actor appears on screen after his or her character dies on-screen?Report

8. Avatar Alan Scott

I know that Johnny Depp didn’t actually plan to try out for his part in “Nightmare”–He got cast after driving a friend to the audition.

Are these all movies where a future star was cast by accident, as it were?Report

9. Avatar Burt Likko

Thursday hint: you’ve really got to actually watch the movies in order to get the information you need. It drives me up the wall that IMDB doesn’t collect this information, because it seems like it wouldn’t be that hard for it to do so.Report

• Avatar aaron david in reply to Burt Likko

Wait, I need to watch the movies in the order you listed them, or in the order they were released?
      (Just kidding, this has me stumped. I can get half way there on this [first films, famous] but the other half is killing me.)Report

10. Avatar Burt Likko

Friday hint: This almost always appears in the opening credits, and almost never in closing credits. It only (but not always) appears in relation to an actor who has not had a significant role in a motion picture previously.Report

11. Avatar Mike Schilling

Who was introduced i the various films?Report

12. Avatar Russell Saunders