Somniloquy!

Jaybird

1. Avatar Jaybird says:

One of the things that surprised me was how handily the Corinthian beat Loki. On Loki’s own turf, even!Report

• Avatar Glyph says:

Loki strikes me as the kind of guy that can be bested in physical combat fairly easily. It’s outwitting him that’s difficult.

I wonder if not having “eyes” is a help when dealing with a trickster like Loki; maybe it somewhat (even if only symbolically) negates his advantage in disguise/deception.Report

• Avatar Mike Schilling says:

Oh, that’s good. Matthew was fooled repeatedly, but the Corinthian not once.Report

• Avatar Glyph says:

Possible spoilers:

Jbhyq nyfb graq gb fhccbeg gur gurbel gung Zbecurhf xarj nyy nybat jub ur jnf ybbxvat sbe (Ybxv, orpnhfr ur rzcyblrq uvz) – ryfr, jul er-perngr gur Pbevaguvna? Nalbar pbhyq unir qbar gur wbo.

Ohg vs gur “rlrf” fcrphyngvba vf gehr, Zbecurhf xarj rknpgyl jub ur arrqrq gb fraq, gb oevat Ybxv gb urry.Report

• Avatar Jason Tank says:

The Corinthian was also forewarned, thanks to Celia’s eyes. He knew who he was looking for (why else look in a realm from Norse myth?) and he knew he couldn’t possibly kill Dream through strangulation, so it was a win-win situation all around.Report

2. Avatar Glyph says:

Oh and also: ““You killed my friend, Woman. Stray from your path.”

Gets me every time.Report

3. Avatar James K says:

The shapeshifting sequence with Loki is just excellent.Report

4. Avatar Boegiboe says:

I think I remember crying a bit the first time I read the death of Fiddler’s Green.Report

5. Avatar North says:

I never understood Desire’s MO in this. Why lure Rose out to England? S/He brought her out there, arguably sicked a trist on her, shows up in Morpheus’ old prison acting like S/he’s about to do some very interesting exposition, lets Rose derail it with a rant about love and then snarkily departs. I mean I understand s/he is by nature a tease but what was the point? Getting Rose out of California? Could she have somehow interfered? Why? It never made any sense to me.Report

• Avatar Jason Tank says:

Yeah, it’s hard to fathom. My best guess is that Rose’s rant about love was enough to change Desire’s fickle mind about the whole thing, but s/he originally intended to tell Rose about why she was conceived, and maybe set her on a path to help Dream. (Ebfr qvq znantr gb zrrg n gevb bs jbzra, bar bs juvpu cebonoyl orvat Ylgn’f zbgure, fb fur pbaprvinoyl unq n gbby gurer.)Report