Somniloquy!

Jaybird

1. Avatar Jaybird

One of the things that surprised me was how handily the Corinthian beat Loki. On Loki’s own turf, even!Report

• Avatar Glyph in reply to Jaybird

Loki strikes me as the kind of guy that can be bested in physical combat fairly easily. It’s outwitting him that’s difficult.

I wonder if not having “eyes” is a help when dealing with a trickster like Loki; maybe it somewhat (even if only symbolically) negates his advantage in disguise/deception.Report

• Avatar Mike Schilling in reply to Glyph

Oh, that’s good. Matthew was fooled repeatedly, but the Corinthian not once.Report

• Avatar Glyph in reply to Glyph

Possible spoilers:

Jbhyq nyfb graq gb fhccbeg gur gurbel gung Zbecurhf xarj nyy nybat jub ur jnf ybbxvat sbe (Ybxv, orpnhfr ur rzcyblrq uvz) – ryfr, jul er-perngr gur Pbevaguvna? Nalbar pbhyq unir qbar gur wbo.

Ohg vs gur “rlrf” fcrphyngvba vf gehr, Zbecurhf xarj rknpgyl jub ur arrqrq gb fraq, gb oevat Ybxv gb urry.Report

• Avatar Jason Tank in reply to Glyph

The Corinthian was also forewarned, thanks to Celia’s eyes. He knew who he was looking for (why else look in a realm from Norse myth?) and he knew he couldn’t possibly kill Dream through strangulation, so it was a win-win situation all around.Report

2. Avatar Glyph

Oh and also: ““You killed my friend, Woman. Stray from your path.”

Gets me every time.Report

3. Avatar James K

The shapeshifting sequence with Loki is just excellent.Report

4. Avatar Boegiboe

I think I remember crying a bit the first time I read the death of Fiddler’s Green.Report

5. Avatar North

I never understood Desire’s MO in this. Why lure Rose out to England? S/He brought her out there, arguably sicked a trist on her, shows up in Morpheus’ old prison acting like S/he’s about to do some very interesting exposition, lets Rose derail it with a rant about love and then snarkily departs. I mean I understand s/he is by nature a tease but what was the point? Getting Rose out of California? Could she have somehow interfered? Why? It never made any sense to me.Report

• Avatar Jason Tank in reply to North

Yeah, it’s hard to fathom. My best guess is that Rose’s rant about love was enough to change Desire’s fickle mind about the whole thing, but s/he originally intended to tell Rose about why she was conceived, and maybe set her on a path to help Dream. (Ebfr qvq znantr gb zrrg n gevb bs jbzra, bar bs juvpu cebonoyl orvat Ylgn’f zbgure, fb fur pbaprvinoyl unq n gbby gurer.)Report