A Healthy Commotion – An Introduction

Elias Isquith

Elias Isquith is a freelance journalist and blogger. He considers Bob Dylan and Walter Sobchak to be the two great Jewish thinkers of our time; he thinks Kafka was half-right when he said there was hope, "but not for us"; and he can be reached through the twitter via @eliasisquith or via email. The opinions he expresses on the blog and throughout the interwebs are exclusively his own.

1. Avatar greginak

Cool. Should be good fun and we’ll have a better comments section than BJ. Just don’t go for the pet obsession thing.Report

2. Avatar Russell Saunders

Of course I’ll join you! I think it’s splendid that you’ve decided to coalesce to form a unified “voice of the Left” here at OT, and it’s wonderful to have such intelligent, thoughtful writers contributing to the intellectual ferment and diversity of opinions.

Mazel tov.Report

3. Avatar Elias Isquith

I look forward to it!Report

4. Avatar Glyph

I don’t know why, but Ethan’s stuff has rarely struck me as clearly coming from “The Left”…maybe for the same reason that when we took that “2012 Candidate Quiz”, I came out with almost as much affinity for Jill Stein as I did for Gary Johnson…like maybe he hits where both libertarianish and leftish start to shade into anarchish?

NOTE TO SELF: Register new political party: the Ish Party…where we takes the best, and we leaves the rest.

Anyway, cool new digs, guys.Report

5. Avatar Stillwater

This is pretty exciting stuff. All of you guys are great writers and an interesting, thoughtful, creative thinkers, so I’ll be checking in regularly.Report

6. Avatar James K

I look forward to reading your posts. It helps that its a lot easier to follow all the sub-blogs with the new format.Report

7. Avatar Barry

Welcome!Report

8. Avatar Erik Kain

Very excited to see where this goes. Elias and Ethan, you guys just need to make sure to keep Shawn posting on a (semi) regular basis.

Not that I’m one to talk.Report

9. Avatar Michelle

Cool! I look forward to reading it.Report

10. Avatar Murali

I’ll echo everyone else by saying that I look forward to this and the rousing debates that this will engender.Report

11. Avatar Kyle Cupp

Great title. I look forward to learning lots from you ordinary lefties.Report

12. Avatar Burt Likko

I think you guys are a good fit together. And I enjoy the name you’ve chosen, too.Report