Saturday!

Jaybird

1. Avatar James K says:

I have finished my first game of Civ V , with Brave New World, and I think the new features really add a lot.Report

2. Avatar Hoosegow Flask says:

The Witcher 2. On my second play through to see which of the morally ambiguous choices produces the most desirable results. The combat’s more interactive than the first, though during a couple of the boss fights I did get frustrated with the controls/camera. I am really enjoying the characters and story.Report

3. Avatar Reformed Republican says:

Though I did not finish the Bloodmoon expansion, I realized I was done with Morrowind. It had reached the point where playing it feels like a chore, so I stopped. Since Shadowrun Returns comes out this week, I did not want to get heavily involved in anything, so I started playing Rainslick Precipice of Darkness 3, the Penny Arcade game. It is a 7 – 8 hour game. It has not really won me over, either. I am not sure if I will finish it or not. Your entire party is revived and fully healed after combat, so there is not much incentive to play smart.

I also rolled up a Gunzerker in Borderlands 2 for solo play, and it is fun to just blast away at stuff.Report

• Yes, Shadowrun Returns comes out *TOMORROW*.

Perhaps even *MIDNIGHT*!!!!

I don’t know if I’ll stay up to kick off the download or not, but, I tell you what, I’m tempted.Report

• Avatar Reformed Republican in reply to Jaybird says:

I will start the download before I head off to work, assuming it is available. I have been counting down all week.Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Jaybird says:

I made it to 10:30.

It’s just as well, it’s still not downloadable from Steam. It’s still a “pre-purchase”.

Dangit.Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Jaybird says:

“Game will unlock in approximately 3 hours.”

So I’ll find an excuse to come home for lunch.Report

• Avatar Reformed Republican in reply to Jaybird says:

I will just have to wait. I live about 45 minutes from where I work. I guess it will download while I cook and eat dinner.

I have not read any reviews, but there was an aggregation on Gamebanshee this morning. Most reviews were 8/10. I think the lowest I saw was 7/10. That is a good sign.

Did you preorder, or were you a kickstarter backer?Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Jaybird says:

I merely pre-ordered. (I don’t believe that I’ve kickstarted anything at all, yet.)Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Jaybird says:

Did you Kickstart? (Did you get some sweeeet stuff for kickstarting?)Report

• Avatar Reformed Republican in reply to Jaybird says:

I kickstarted at the basic level, so I did not get anything cool on this one. I do not remember any backer only stretch goals on this one. I got in for only $15, so I saved a few bucks. I also got to vote on the city for the second campaign, which ended being Berlin.

This was one of my first kickstarters. I have done way too many since then. Mostly board and video games, and supporting a few webcomics I have followed for a few years.Report