You Know Me

Michael Drew

Michael Drew is a Wisconsinite currently residing in Saint Paul, Minnesota. He enjoys thinking and writing about politics, history, and philosophy, listening to music and podcasts of all kinds, watching and occasionally playing sports, and playing the cello.

1. Avatar Michael Drew

Already I’m making mistakes. This is a blog with an international group of contributors and commenters; to ever refer to “this country” as though this blog had less to do with countries other than the U.S is wrong. I have a fascination with the diversity in my native United States. I have an unfortunate lack of familiarity with the diversity and cultures of a lot of other countries, including our sisters and brothers to the north. Increasing that understanding is something else I hope to gain from becoming more fully associated with this venture.Report

2. Avatar Christopher Carr

Mike, welcome. This is indeed long overdue. I’m looking forward to the bloggy dance/battle (dance battle?) continuing on the main page in addition to the comments.Report

3. Avatar Kazzy

Welcome, brother. When should we schedule the swirly? Or do you want to be surprised?Report

4. Avatar Mike Schilling

Welcome. A blog can never have too many Mikes.Report

5. Avatar aaron david

Very nice, I always enjoy your comments.Report

6. Avatar Jonathan McLeod

“…or else your League experience must be quite unusual in that you rarely read the comment threads (which in the case of this blog would be sort of a sad state of affairs): I’m Mike Drew!”

Have you met Conor?

…and welcome! Finally!Report

7. Avatar Russell Saunders

1) Yay!

2) About time!

3) I love that band. “Hurry Hurry” is a great song, too.Report

8. Avatar Mad Rocket Scientist

Finally! You can push you god-awful, long winded comments to the front page where they belong!

Welcome, I look forward to enthusiastically arguing with you!Report

9. Avatar Mark Thompson

About fishin’ time! (Welcome!)

For those who are unaware, Michael’s been a regular almost since we started this place.Report

10. Avatar North

Congrats! There’s only room on the slack bus for me so I’m delighted you finally got onto the League’s main roster.Report

11. Avatar zic

Given your gravitar, I presume you’re here to shield us.

Thank you, sir.Report

12. Avatar James Hanley

Hooray.Report

13. Avatar Patrick

Salud!Report

14. Avatar James K

Welcome on board.Report

15. Avatar Murali

Sorry I’m late but welcome!Report

16. Avatar Jason Kuznicki

This is an attempt at a test comment.Report

17. Avatar Michael Drew

Whew! What an eventful first few days as a full member of the not-League of Ordinary Women and Men!Report

18. Avatar kidney disease

There is significantly a bundle to know about this. I reckon that you made certain nice factors in characteristics also.Report

19. Avatar Mike Dwyer

I’m late in offering a welcome but always glad to have another Mike aboard.

I didn’t know you were from Madison. One of my favorite towns in the US. I have enjoyed many a good beer and cheese curd there. I also saw Tenacious D open for Weezer there in 2003 and it still ranks in my top 5 all time concerts. Wisconsin is on the short list of states I would move to if ever asked to leave KY.

Looking forward to reading more of your stuff.Report

• Avatar Michael Drew in reply to Mike Dwyer

Thanks, Mike.

I’m happy to hear that you have enjoyed yourself in Madison. If that part of the country hadn’t been the site for the most recent Leaguefest I’d probably be lobbying for it pretty heavily for an upcoming year. If you happen to come through ever, give me a heads up and maybe I can meet you for a brew and a curd. That goes for everyone, and for now it goes for anyone coming through the Twin Cities area, too.

As to the forthcoming posts, I’m looking forward to writing them, too. 🙂Report