Gauging Interest in LeagueCast Roleplaying.

Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto is a policy analyst and part-time dungeon master. When not talking endlessly about matters of public policy, he is a dungeon master on the NWN World of Avlis

1. Avatar Murali

I’m not geeky enough to have heard of Pathfinder, but I’m interested. Looking at the rule book, why is it that it looks a lot like D&D v3.5?Report

2. Avatar Reformed Republican

I am definitely interested.Report

3. Avatar Patrick

I’d be down, but it would be hard for me to commit to more than once a month.

But man, it would be fun to play again and *not* have to be the DM. Starting at level 1?Report

4. Avatar Patrick

I still have a huge block of credit at the local game store. I only have the Core Rulebook.

Should I bother to pick up the Avlis sourcebook, or any other in particular?Report

• Avatar Patrick in reply to Patrick

Okay, I have Ultimate Combat and Ultimate Magic and the Advanced Player’s Guide. So… light reading for this weekend when I’m not working on my paper or doing Mother’s Day things.Report

5. Avatar Reformed Republican

Are you planning to use a virtual tabletop like at Roll20.net?Report

6. Avatar Jaybird

(when it comes to the logistics of such things, I’ve found that groups larger than five will only rarely all be able to make it at the same time. It’s best to have Descent: Road to Legends available for when only four can show up, which will be a lot more often.)Report

7. Avatar Alan Scott

Sounds like fun. I’m in, if it’s at a time I’m available.Report

8. Avatar Patrick

It sounds like there’s more than 5 “interested”s.

Me, Alan Scott, Shaz, Burt, RR were all solids. Jaybird didn’t say yes, but he didn’t say no, neither.

I’m game to play anything, but my natural proclivities are either to play a damage-absorbing tank or one of the magic users who usually turns out to be complicated (in first edition, my favorite spellcaster was my Druid; in Palladium I liked the Diabolist a lot).

I’m perfectly willing to fit any role that nobody in the party really wants to take, but just gauging from the variety of classes in these four books, I’m probably going to pick somebody with a twist.Report

9. Avatar James K

Given timezone clashes and the fact I’m pretty busy on the weekend, I don’t think I can fit this in.Report