420 Weekend Jukebox And Open Thread

Jaybird

1. Avatar Miss Mary

I listen to the first one every other day I’m at the gym, but I’ve never heard the parody. That’s kind of awesome.Report

2. Avatar KatherineMW

Fun video. (For me the first half of the video raised the question of what impact legalizing pot would have on the national diabetes and obesity rates. And I am not in favour of people being allowed to drive while high.)

I support legalization, though. I can’t see what rationale exists for having tobacco illegal and marijuana not; smoking anything is seriously harmful to your health, and both are carcinogens, but at least marijuana is far less addictive. Since it also doesn’t render people dangerous (unlike a lot of other illegal drugs – and unlike excessive alcohol), it seems like a good candidate for legalization; I wouldn’t support legalization of most other drugs. It feels like the objection to pot is less on the basis of health and more on the basis of moral opposition to people being high.

Legalization will have its challenges, but it’s far preferable to the drug war policy, and more legally consistent (and less beneficial to organized crime) than a policy of “it’s illegal, but not really enforced”.Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to KatherineMW

I had a discussion about this this morning about how all of those hippies who smoked it in the 60’s and 70’s became DARE! parents in the 80’s and 90’s… and how the kidz today see arguments about the reefer as arguments about social justice.Report

3. Avatar Burt Likko

“Aww, he got the Velcro!”

Made me laugh.Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Burt Likko

That’s a great moment. That reminds me!

I had to look up “Volcano” due to that line in the sister song. What is a “Volcano”? Well, it’s a top of the line vaporizer. Like, $600-$700. As used by master chefs. Uh-huh.

Anyway, the plant matter, essential oils, or what have you is heated without being burned and the vapor from the whatever is blown into a “balloon”.

It’s the sous vide of weed.Report

4. Avatar Freeman

Is that Mike Schilling coming out of the dumpster at 2:10 in the first video???Report

5. Avatar Freeman

Second video — that was fishin’ awesome! Great Jukebox!Report

6. Avatar Scott Fields

I like how Macklemore pops up at the end of the parody to support the cause.Report