Let’s police ourselves – it really works – The London Whale Edition.

Dave

Dave is a part-time blogger that writes about whatever suits him at the time.

1. Avatar Mark Thompson

Returning with a sidebar post and no big announcement or reintroduction of yourself? Nihilist.Report

2. Avatar Dave

Would you like to do the honors?

Hamas sympathizer.Report

• Avatar James Hanley in reply to Dave

Welcome back. I was hoping that little email exchange the other day portended your return.Report

• Avatar Dave in reply to James Hanley

I had a nice email exchange with Mark. Was that the exchange you were referring to?Report

• Avatar James Hanley in reply to Dave

Sorry, I wrote that poorly. Obviously I have no knowledge of what was in any email communications. I meant the comment about getting your old job back and then your request that he email you.

I’ve been pretty blunt for the past half year or so about my view that the League needed a bit more enforcement of the commenting policy (while recognizing that everyone is, of course, busy as hell), so in addition to your writing contributions I’m happy to see you.Report

• Avatar Dave in reply to James Hanley

Thank you. I was undercaffeinated when I read that.

It did. I didn’t think it would be right to behave like a bouncer without trying to make meaningful contributions so I thought I’d do a little writing, for whatever that ends up being worth.

I like enforcing the commenting policy. I even assigned myself an email address: ChiefofCommentingPolicyPolice@gmail.com

Did I mention that I have a very odd sense of humor?Report

3. Avatar Jim Heffman

Note that you’re required to register to read the articles.Report

4. Avatar North

Thanks be to God Gaea and Baby Jesus, Dave’s back!Report

• Avatar Dave in reply to North

I am back, and I was just re-deputized at the Chief of The Commenting Policy Police. I loved my old job. I think I’m going to have to find matoko chan so I can get myself back into shape. 😉Report

5. Nob Akimoto Nob Akimoto

I think we knew this was coming, though the scale and extent is rather unnerving.Report

6. Avatar Dave

Nob,

It’s especially unnerving given that the loss occurred in markets that weren’t volatile and that they should have known better much earlier and cut their losses. Then there’s the fact that if you ask 10 different what SCP was hedging against, you get 11 different answers.Report