Testing The Waters For An Ordinary Bookclub

I’m still waiting for installment 2 of the Beowulf/Grendel bookclub!Report

3. Avatar Mad Rocket Scientist

I say Monster Hunter International!Report

4. Avatar Patrick Bridges

I’m game for In the First Circle.Report

5. Avatar Glyph

This looks good. I will endeavor to participate, assuming I have time to keep up.Report

6. Avatar Miss Mary

I’m in. I was trying to decide what to read next and this sounds good.Report

7. Avatar Jaybird

Okey-doke. Good enough for me. I’ll make an Official Announcement this weekend, give everybody a week for the book to show up, and then we’ll start.Report

8. Avatar aaron david

I am in also, but do we need that exact edition, or will another do?Report

• Avatar aaron david in reply to aaron david

Oh, hell, now is not the time to cheap out…Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to aaron david

I have another version upstairs, but I have never read “the first uncensored edition”.

I’m going to read that one. Now, of course, I doubt that we’re talking about something like “WITH 50 NEVER BEFORE SEEN PAGES!!!” as much as “we’ve got a handful of paragraphs in this one that weren’t in previous ones”. It’ll probably be the parts of the book that talk about Stalin, if I had to guess and I’m pretty sure that I won’t mind talking about the stuff that I recognize as being in the new version.

If you (or anybody!!!) prefer the version in your local library, get that one. The reason I’m excited to be reading this again is because of the censored version. You’ll be just as well-served by that one.Report

• Avatar aaron david in reply to Jaybird

Well, I ordered the uncensored version, scant moments ago, so I am with you on that.

Normally, I do most of my book buying at library sales and thrift stores, but as that can be hit or miss, I figured let Jaybird do the walking…Report

9. Avatar Mike Schilling

I’m in. (I just started on Astro City; it’ll do me good to read some books without pictures.)Report

10. Avatar Chris

I’m in, since you forced me to put it on my Kindle. Yeah, that’s how I remember it.Report

11. Avatar Michelle

Looks like an interesting book. Count me in.Report

12. Avatar Jason

i’ve read the original–it was good. don’t have time to participate this time, but I’m interested in how the “new” version differs. My old copy has 500+ pages. Solzy can get his ramble on.Report