In a decision with potentially large ramifications, New York Federal Judge LaShann DeArcy Hall won't dismiss a libel suit against "Shitty Media Men" creator Moira Donegan.
Explaining, the judge says it is possible that Donegan created the entry herself. The judge believes that Elliott should be able to explore whether the entry was fabricated. Accordingly, discovery proceeds, which will now put pressure on Google to respond to broad subpoena demands. The next motion stage could feature a high-stakes one about the reaches of CDA 230.
- – Will there be a deal? Will the Tea Parties allow a deal?
- – Will Boehner craft a working majority of more moderate Republicans and the Democrat minority?
- – Does Boehner already have a deal worked out with Obama and they’re pushing it to the deadline so the Tea Partiers can’t build up workable counter-argument?
- – If they don’t reach a deal, who’s really to blame, and who will the public blame?
- – Is failure the end of the world, and we might as well all just party like it’s 1999?
- – Or is failure just the end of the U.S. as the world’s dominant economic power?
- – Is Bob Woodward the biggest douche in mainstream journalism?
- – Do you actually have any idea how the sequester would actually affect you personally?
Answer any or all of the above questions, or make up your own and answer them.