I don’t know if Jesus wept…

Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto is a policy analyst and part-time dungeon master. When not talking endlessly about matters of public policy, he is a dungeon master on the NWN World of Avlis

1. Avatar M.A. says:

Don’t worry, Bobby Jindal promised us the GOP would stop being the stupid party.Report

2. Avatar Stillwater says:

There’s no point in trying to humiliate these folks. Just sit back and let them to that themselves. They never disappoint.

It’s amazing that the issue before the board is no longer whether or not to teach creationism in public school. Instead, it’s about how evolution ought to be taught. That’s a pretty impressive victory for conservatives.Report

3. Avatar RTod says:

Is it just me?

I’m not sure what to criticize about Campbell’s questions, because I had not fishing idea what the hell she was trying to say. Seriously, I reread it twice and had no idea.

I *think* she’s anti-eveolution? Maybe?Report

• Nob Akimoto Nob Akimoto says:

Yeah…it’s a bit surreal.Report

• Avatar Stillwater says:

Well, what really kicks into the twilight zone is that everyone else is being veryvery careful to reassure folks that anti-evolutionism is not a part of the school boards agenda. Then the backwater fundamentalist rips apart the whole pretense because she doesn’t understand how politics works.

It’s hilarious, in a sad sorta way.Report

• Avatar NewDealer says:

Hey baby/I think you might be anti-evolution/So call me, maybeReport

• Avatar Stillwater says:

Tod, here’s a quote that ought to clear things right up for you:

Did that help?

(Isn’t that a wonderful sentence?)Report

• Avatar M.A. says:

She’ anti-evolution.

She thinks creationism is taught in TX schools and that the debate was over to include evolution.

Campbell’s statement:
      “We don’t want to eliminate those things that you still do have to go on faith that are out there.”

Obviously, I’m a Christian. I do believe in God as the creator of life …

…where that falls in line to make sure we’re not just teaching that evolution is our only [and here she catches herself] —because we can measure—to me obviously, if I was creating anything and had a good model like DNA, I’d use it. And just tweak it a bit, and have a monkey here and a fish here, whatever.”

This is the whole “intelligent design” dodge. Ruled unconstitutional, but they just keep coming back with it.

The best ruling on the matter is probably the ruling in Kitzmiller v. Dover, which makes it plain why this sort of creationism with a bit of stage makeup slapped on is still creationism and still unconstitutional.Report

4. Avatar Brandon Berg says:

Fortunately, China’s not doing so great on the edumacation front either.

That’s a good thing?Report