League-fest 2013 Headcount!

Mark of New Jersey

Mark is a Founding Editor of The League of Ordinary Gentlemen, the predecessor of Ordinary Times.

1. Avatar Burt Likko

Mrs. Likko and I are definitely in.Report

2. Avatar James Hanley

The missus and I plan to be there, but we will be getting hotel rooms separately.Report

3. Avatar Angela

I’ll be there, but will not stay at the hotel.
    Also, I’m still willing to offer a sailboat ride, but there’s a complication since there’s a big regatta that weekend. I would need to do it either Thursday or at night (after 7?) or Monday, if people want to come early / stay late. Or, if you already know how to sail and want to come out for the races on Friday, that’s an option too. http://www.sailingworld.com/nood-regattas/chicagoReport

4. Avatar Michael Drew

I plan to be there, but have friends in town; plan to stay with them.Report

5. Avatar Miss Mary

I’m inReport

6. Avatar North

I’m not sure… family stuff is creeping ominously around those dates. Working on it.Report

7. Avatar ktward

Boy oh boy. I’m still really really wishing I could be there, but it ain’t gonna happen. Not this year.

Maybe y’all will be so understandably enchanted with Chicago yet left feeling painfully bereft after nothing more than the few adventures that can be packed into a quick weekend that you’ll wanna do My Town again next year. It could happen. Trust me, you’ll want to do My Town again soon, if not next year. And when you do? I will be there. (If for no other reason, I’ve no more kids to graduate college.)

As an aside … also too if you decide to do New Orleans at any time in the future, I guarantee* I’ll be there. (I don’t think you folks have yet collected yourselves in NO, but maybe I’m wrong. ?)

*Say it with that wrinkly old PBS Cajun Dude’s accent. C’mon. You know who I’m talking about.Report

8. Avatar Rufus F.

Hmmmm…. I might actually be there. Considering I’ve done trips to Detroit, it’s not much of a jump to Chicago.Report

9. Avatar Plinko

I’m working on it, a couple minor considerations at hand – do we have a date that we need to give the 100% certain ‘yay’?

Assuming it’s a go, it will b esans Mrs. and Gravatar – a detour from a WI trip that is planned for about the same time. If folks are looking to split rooms, I would probably be all for that.Report

10. Avatar Michelle

We’re seriously thinking about it but will likely stay with friends if we go.Report

11. Avatar Pierre Corneille

I might go, but I live in Chicago, so I wouldn’t be staying at the hotel at any rate.Report

12. Avatar Mike Dwyer

I’m planning on going – but I still have to finalize the hotel plans. I don’t know if it is going to be one or two nights. I’m probably going to visit a friend in Indy on Friday and drive over to Chicago Saturday morning.Report

13. Avatar Dan Miller

I will almost certainly be there, but I’ll be staying with my parents in the burbs.Report

14. Avatar Mark Thompson

Thanks all for the responses! So it seems like although we’ve got plenty of folks attending, we may only need five or six rooms. If that’s the case, I may not be able to get an actual block, but we also shouldn’t have too much trouble booking individually. With so many folks getting alternative arrangements, I think we should also make a point of having a fairly set schedule beforehand so that we can more easily all get together. That way, people can also pick and choose what event(s) they attend based on their own accommodations and schedules.Report