Assassin’s Creed III: The Greatest Threat to Civilization

Jonathan McLeod

Jonathan McLeod is a writer living in Ottawa, Ontario. (That means Canada.) He spends too much time following local politics and writing about zoning issues. Follow him on Twitter.

1. Avatar Jaybird says:

I got to the part of the game where we go from “silly” to “really silly” and it’s positively giggle-inducing.

That said, I can’t wait to see what happens next.

(I’ve met Samuel Adams. He’s shown me how to bribe town criers.)Report

2. Avatar Burt Likko says:

Oh noes video game not same as history book.Report

3. Avatar Chris says:

Favorite Assassin’s Creed III tweet:

Our school system’s a joke. Just now learning that the guy from Assassin’s Creed helped us win the Revolutionary War.Report

4. Avatar Brandon Berg says:

I don’t know. I think it’s a fair point. If you’re going to have a historical setting, it’s okay to add some stuff for artistic license, but you shouldn’t get key facts completely backwards.Report

5. Avatar Kazzy says:

I always see the commercials for this game, usually played with a song I really liked, and am always interested. And confused. Is the guy some sort of Native American ninja running around and killing people during the American Revolution? Not that it needs to make sense because even THAT is pretty awesome.

Of course, I’m still trying to figure out how to get Minesweeper on my Mac so, I’m not the best judge of gaming…Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Kazzy says:

Not only is the guy some sort of Native American ninja running around and killing people during the American Revolution, he’s doing it as part of a hidden conspiracy in a war against the Templars that goes back millennia to the First Peoples.Report

• Avatar KatherineMW in reply to Jaybird says:

This is rather confusing to me, because I’m used to First Peoples being understood as an alternate term for Native Americans/First Nations rather than a crazy theory about prehistory.Report