On Twitter Avatars

David Ryan

David Ryan is a boat builder and USCG licensed master captain. He is the owner of Sailing Montauk and skipper of Montauk''s charter sailing catamaran MON TIKI You can follow him on Twitter @CaptDavidRyan

1. Avatar E.C. Gach

Excellent topic.

Perhaps you can do a follow up on About.me pages?Report

2. Avatar Rufus F.

I am very irritating to family members because I am anti-photogenic. I look like a normal person and try to look normal in pictures. Once someone snaps them, I look like a mutant.Report

3. Avatar b-psycho

Eh. I get sick of seeing my face repeatedly. So I don’t use my face on twitter.Report

4. Avatar Artor

That avatar at the header looks like someone’s been chopping some mutton. Is that even the same David that’s smiling into his camera phone at the bottom?Report

5. Avatar Will Truman

I’d like to take this moment to link to this post and encourage those of you that don’t have a gravatar for the League to get one.Report

6. Avatar James Hanley

A few years ago I met Brendan I. Koerner at a coffee shop around the corner from our apartment. I was very surprised to find out he’s not Asian.

When I meet people they’re often surprised I’m not actually wearing a bowler hat.Report

7. Avatar Glyph

Whaddya guys think about this?Report

8. Avatar Plinko

I’m not particularly photogenic (or, rather, photos accurately capture my general appearance and that displeases me).

This is why my LinkedIn profile remains devoid of photos – something tells me baby girl doing her best TVD doesn’t project a sufficiently professional appearance to potential employers or vendors.Report

9. Avatar Anne

Ok this post prompted me to finally take a picture (admittedly not a god one) that I have been meaning to get to use as an avatar especially for the LoOG. Whadaya think?Report