Dear Internet…

Will Truman

Will Truman is the Editor-in-Chief of Ordinary Times. He is also on Twitter.

1. Avatar Kazzy

I think I have a BetaMax tape or HD-DVD explaining this very same idea.Report

2. Avatar Plinko

I read my G+ feed regularly, but the critical mass just isn’t there for me to duplicate what little posting I do in both places, 90% of which are photo updates of baby girl and therefore primarily of interest to the family, none of whom have made the leap to G+.

While we’re being cranks about Google products, am I the only one cheesed off about the impending end of iGoogle without any suitable replacement?Report

• Avatar Will Truman in reply to Plinko

I’m considering blackmailing family and friends… “If you want to see pictures of Lain, you will use G+” (mostly because G+ makes putting pictures on there so easily.)

Yes! iGoogle was weak, but it was there. There is no reason why they shouldn’t have something strong right now.Report

• Avatar Mike Schilling in reply to Plinko

You are not alone. I finally have all my gadgets set just the way I like, and they end-of-life itReport

3. Avatar Mike Schilling

Can you set Google+ to automatically unfriend people who vote the wrong way?Report

4. Avatar Jason Kuznicki

I endorse this post, but my family won’t leave Facebook.

I despise Facebook and only post pictures there because they demand it. I’ve tried posting work stuff there, and even League posts, but I don’t think they get much response, and I don’t like how Facebook handles sharing anyway.Report

5. Avatar BlaiseP

I’m an inveterate G+ user. Never liked Facebook. I have an identity under an alias, to keep up with my g/f who does use Facebook. A lot.

G+ is organised in ways Facebook just can’t match.Report

6. Avatar Jonathan McLeod

I’m sorry. I’ll try to do better.Report

7. Avatar Patrick Graham

The lack of APIs is a deal breaker (posting social media content is part of my job). And of the 100 or so people I have in circles, three post anything at all.Report

8. Avatar Mike Dwyer

I love most things about G+ and I was a big cheerleader at the start. It was very hard to stay active with it considering the lack-of-use.

With using Hangouts for Leaguecasts I am thinking I need to give it a second go. I just have to figure out what that would look like. I mostly use FB for twitter-like posts when I’m trying to kill a few minutes or for sharing pictures.Report

9. Avatar Elias Isquith

I’d happily go to G+ if everyone else would. It’s a nicer UI and user experience.Report