Temporary Post Used For Theme Detection (18f4f6ee-799c-4bc7-9e04-770fd3429530 – 3bfe001a-32de-4114-a6b4-4005b770f6d7)

Tim Kowal

Tim Kowal is a husband, father, and attorney in Orange County, California, Vice President of the Orange County Federalist Society, commissioner on the OC Human Relations Commission, and Treasurer of Huntington Beach Tomorrow. The views expressed on this blog are his own. You can follow this blog via RSS, Facebook, or Twitter. Email is welcome at timkowal at gmail.com.

1. Avatar Patrick Cahalan says:

Part of me wants this to stay up.Report

2. Avatar Glyph says:

Agreed, and I especially like this part – 3bfe001a-32de-4114-a6b4-4005b770f6d7Report

3. Avatar greginak says:

So so un-american. why do you hate the US.Report

4. Avatar Mike Schilling says:

It would be immoral to delete this post. Every post has a right to show, starting from the moment of composition.Report

5. Avatar Jaybird says:

Do we have a theme?

I’d say that the plots, such as they are, are transparent where they are not opaque but… the theme?

“Do not think you will be able to truly overcome adversity without a sense of humor” is my best shot.Report

6. Avatar Tim Kowal says:

At least it was filed in the right category.Report

7. Avatar greginak says:

Well i like this better than Rush. So its got that going for it.Report

• Avatar Glyph says:

The band, or the commentator?

It’s less annoying than the commentator, but could represent musical notation for the band.Report

• Avatar Patrick Cahalan says:

Leave my favorite band alone, haters!Report

• Avatar Glyph says:

Patrick – I likes me some Rush; you are not alone. They didn’t turn out to be hugely predictive of the most of the kinds of music I would eventually find most engrossing, but they were pivotal in my youth in getting me to appreciate artists doing their own thing and attempting to say something, regardless of trends or ‘coolness’.

I don’t know if you’ve seen that doc ‘Beyond The Lighted Stage’ but it kind of prompted me to revisit them after many years; it was cool how many younger musicians (that mostly bear little of Rush’s musical DNA) gave them props just for being themselves, and the inspiration that provides artistically.

(Cues up ‘Subdivisions’ in iTunes, starts rockin’)Report

• Avatar greginak says:

Glyph- yes

Just chuming the troll pond and Pat.Report

• Avatar greginak says:

bwwahahah…next you guys are going to be talking about your love for Nickleback and CreedReport

• Avatar Kazzy says:

…what’s wrong with loving Nickleback…?Report

• Avatar Jaybird says:

They’re the Agnostic Creed, dude.Report

• Avatar greginak says:

If you have to ask the question, you’ll never understand the answer.Report

• Avatar Kazzy says:

Clearly none of you have seen Nickleback live.Report

• I have not seen Nickelback live, however, I know a number of people who dislike them, but have seen them live and the general feeling is that they put on a great show.

I’m still not going to see them, though. There are lots of great shows out there.Report

• Avatar Kazzy says:

A few years back I randomly won tickets to see Bon Jovi at Giants Stadium on a radio call-in contest. The week off, I was feeling particularly run down and not all that interested in going. The day before, I spoke to my friend who was going to come with me and said, “I may just bail. The tickets were free anyway. I mean, if someone like Nickleback is opening, I might reconsider.” Cue to me checking out the lineup and LO-AND-BEHOLD… IT’S NICKLEBACK!

We went. It was awesome. They play douchey rock anthems with catchy enough hooks. And everyone’s hatred of them makes my genuine appreciation of them feel a little guilty, which I like. As for their live performance, they came out, played their hits, played them exactly like they sound on the radio so everyone can sing along, and left. Perfect for an opening act.Report

• Avatar James Hanley says:

Kazzy, you’ve already told us you know dick about music, so we can’t really say this is a surprise.Report

8. Avatar Kazzy says:

Now THAT is how you make a meatloaf!Report

9. Avatar dexter says:

Yes, but do you like it better than Rush eating meatloaf while getting a circumcision before they got their immunizations.
    I think it needs to be left up. At least this time Mr. Kowal gives us the numbers.Report

10. Avatar Kazzy says:

Nobody worry… I Rot13’d it:

18s4s6rr-799p-4op7-9r04-770sq3429530 – 3osr001n-32qr-4114-n6o4-4005o770s6q7
    -and-
    qns2s2nn-s9p6-4rnn-o6or-89o4s48781rq – 3osr001n-32qr-4114-n6o4-4005o770s6q7Report

11. God DAMN it. “daf2f2aa-f9c6-4eaa-b6be-89b4f48781ed – 3bfe001a-32de-4114-a6b4-4005b770f6d7” was the subject of this coming week’s Stupid Tuesday Question.Report

12. The sad thing is, I can understand this post more than most of Kimmi’s comments. (I kid because I love, Kimmi.)Report