Bourbon Club: Let’s Get This Party Started
- You don’t talk about Bourbon Club.
- YOU DON’T TALK ABOUT BOURBON CLUB.
- You’ll have one month to imbibe the selected bourbon.
- The bourbon should be imbibed in at least one of the three following scenarios: A) With a fine dinner (involve steak or you’re out of the club… except Murali); B) in a lively social setting (e.g. bar); C) enjoying a solitary moment (e.g. reading, watching a game alone in the basement). Should you find other scenarios where the bourbon is imbibe-worthy, you are encouraged to share.
- Drink the bourbon as you prefer. Neat, on the rocks… the choice is yours. If you find a particularly delicious method of delivery and/or recipe, you again are encouraged to share.
- Hide your car keys. Play it safe, guys. No one gets hurt.
- Post about your experiences, especially if you found something particularly exciting to do with a particular bourbon that you’d recommend for others.
Based on input from others and with an eye towards affordability and accessibility, here are a half-year’s worth of bourbons to try. Hopefully, everyone can find these in their nearest liquor store and at a bar or restaurant. Should the latter not be possible, feel free to simulate your own social setting at home with some friends, cards, board games, or a sporting event.
- September: Eagle Rare (Mr. Likko already has a leg up on us with this one)
- October: Willet Reserve Rye
- November: Bookers
- December: Buffalo Trace
- January: Bulleit
- February: Wild Turkey Rare Breed
I’ll put up a post monthly about the featured bourbon. Please comment freely about your experiences. Think of this as a book club, only decidedly more awesome. Seeing as how we are already 1/3 of the way into September, let’s have at it with the Eagle Rare!