Shhhhh, Me LoOGies. Score Atlantic Monthly Cheaper than Dirt

Tom Van Dyke

Tom Van Dyke, businessman, musician, bon vivant and game-show champ (The Joker's Wild, and Win Ben Stein's Money), knows lots of stuff, although not quite everything yet. A past inactive to The American Spectator Online, the late great Reform Club blog, and currently on religion and the American Founding at American Creation, TVD continues to write on matters of both great and small importance from his ranch type style tract house high on a hill above Los Angeles.

1. Avatar Mike Schilling

it just doesn’t seem right to tell the whole world that a copy of the estimable Atlantic is worth less than a Slurpee,

And still legal in New York.Report

2. Avatar Burt Likko

Tom, this is a really good tip. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.Report

3. Avatar Plinko

I assure you, the executives at The Atlantic will be ecstatic about every “paid subscriber” they generate from this little sale.Report

4. Avatar Will Truman

I get some magazines as flyer rewards, including The Atlantic Monthly and Forbes. I never read them, though. I still feel good that I am helping the circulation numbers of magazines with websites I support.Report

5. Avatar Lee Eddy

Where do I find this deal? I don’t see it on the magazine’s website. Could you pass along a link, please?Report

6. Avatar Tom Van Dyke

My thx to the LoOG Graphics Dept. Fairy for the photo. This started as an Off the Cuff but got disappeared by 3 subsequent posts. So I popped it onto the mainpage with the plan to take it down once the offer expires [which could be any minute]. Thanks, though—the Arthur Miller cover from 1956 is awesomeness.Report

7. Avatar North

I spend more than this on a drink. I’ve always meant to buy a subscription to the Atlantic, I visit them almost as much as I visit here (though I don’t comment). Thanks for the tip Tom.Report

8. Avatar ktward

Muchas gracias, Mr. Van Dyke. I love surprise treats!Report

9. Avatar Keith Beacham

Thanks Tom. I wonder if I could get The Economist as cheaply?Report

• Avatar Tom Van Dyke in reply to Keith Beacham

KB, here’s an aggregator I used to use, compares multiple sites. The best they have for The Economist is $87, soz.

Worth a bookmark to check now & then, since prices fluctuate. It has the Atlantic deal crosslisted, and I once got The Sporting News, then a weekly, for 5 bucks a year.

Right now, ESPN Mag [26 issues] is $10 and National Geographic is 15 bucks. Newsweek Starring Excitable Andy Sullivan is $15. Harper’s is $9.

Reason is $10.50 for a year and $21 for 3. I might extend my subscription with that one.Report