Guest blogging for Kevin Drum

Erik Kain

Erik writes about video games at Forbes and politics at Mother Jones. He's the contributor of The League though he hasn't written much here lately. He can be found occasionally composing 140 character cultural analysis on Twitter.

1. Avatar greginak says:

wow…very cool, that is like the big time of blogging (well without the money and fame part). Good post also.Report

2. Avatar Jaybird says:

Awesome. Thank you for continually dragging us upstairs!Report

3. Avatar Kyle Cupp says:

Sorry to hear you’re under the weather. Here’s hoping Mother Jones is good medicine!Report

4. I am trying, through sheer force of will, to deny the signs that I may have come down with the same thing.

And your guest hosting gig is deeply awesome.Report

5. Great news. Congrats.

And solid post. I’m all for a little negativity in politics. It’s nice to know I’m not alone.Report

6. Avatar Scott says:

Erik:

I read your article and was hoping for something more intelligent than an anti-republican rant but given that your article was in Mother Jones it was about what I expected.Report

• Avatar Chris says:

The real question is, how much does Kain hate the troops, right Scott?Report

• Avatar BlaiseP says:

Leland: Bernstein, am I a stuffed shirt? Am I a horse-faced hypocrite? Am I a New England school marm?
        Bernstein: Yes. If you thought I’d answer you any differently than what Mr. Kain tells you…

— sorry, wrong Citizen Kain quoteReport

• Avatar Snarky McSnarksnark says:

I agree with you Scott. From now on, Erik should argue only for your points of view.Report

• Avatar Scott says:

Snarky:

Did you even read the article? Let’s try this gem of prose from Erik, “Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so,” Gore Vidal once said. And surveying the Republican field this past primary season was evidence enough that Vidal was on to something.” I guess in Erik’s world view this quote only applies to Repubs and not to Dems like Barry and his sidekick crazy uncle Joe. Not to mention that Erik has clearly forgotten any of the nastiness between Hillary and Barry before they were in love.Report

• Yes, I accuse Erik of writing that post ON PURPOSE!!!!Report

• Avatar Snarky McSnarksnark says:

I’d love it if you would write a post extolling the quality of the Republican presidential field, this year. I bet you could get someone to put it on the front page. And I bet there would be some lively conversation around the topic.

Scott- It seems that 80% of your posts are of the tenor “how dare you have that (liberal) point of view.” But I never see you engage with some respect or appreciation for those you’re arguing with. Only the conservative fainting couch.

I would love it if you actually did engage with the ideas of others. But simply declaring that the ideas of others are beyond the pale does not really lead to interesting or enlightening discussion.Report

• Avatar Patrick Cahalan says:

My only problem with Scott is that he won’t submit his own guest posts for critique. He’s a one-way show.Report

• Avatar Erik Kain says: