Leaguefest 2012: Rooms Going Fast

Burt Likko

Pseudonymous Portlander. Homebrewer. Atheist. Recovering Republican. Recovering Catholic. Recovering divorcé. Editor-in-Chief Emeritus of Ordinary Times. Relapsed Lawyer, admitted to practice law (under his real name) in California and Oregon. On Twitter, to his frequent regret, at @burtlikko. House Likko's Words: Scite Verum. Colite Iusticia. Vivere Con Gaudium.

1. Avatar Patrick Cahalan

I’m rooming with Will.Report

2. Avatar Snarky McSnarksnark

I’ll be coming from Orange County, California.

I’ll be driving a rented car.   Does anyone want to come with me?Report

3. Avatar Tod Kelly

Anyone flying in on Friday that wants to share a cab or car, let us know.

Also, for those that are Vegas regulars, any suggestions for daytime activities, in or out of the city?Report

4. Avatar Burt Likko

Come on people! Make this happen! Come to Las Vegas!Report

• Avatar Mike Schilling in reply to Burt Likko

I was on hiatus when this was being planned, and since one of the things I hate most in the world are people who don’t pitch in and then complain about the result, I won’t do that.  But, simply as an explanation, on Memorial Day weekend the kids are all home and the family’s together.  Not a time I can get away, even for something as fun as this sounds.Report

• Avatar greginak in reply to Burt Likko

I would love to be there. However i have a bike trip to Europe in  a couple days and we are going back east for two weeks in june so it didn’t seem wise to spend more money. That’s the best excuse i got. I do like Vegas though even though i don’t really gamble. I hope it goes well and there is another one. You live stream an event so we can watch.Report

5. Avatar Christopher Carr

I really wish I could make it. Anyone in the northeast interested in a “Leaguefest East” for sometime toward the end of summer?Report

6. Avatar Mary G

What activities are planned? I am mostly concerned about how much more they will cost. Will non(alcoholic)drinkers be tolerated? (I am willing to be a designated driver, if necessary.) This is so vastly outside my comfort zone I am actually contemplating it.Report

7. Avatar Alan Scott

I would love to come, but by memorial day weekend I will be in full crisis mode for the gaming convention that I’m running.  I’m in for next year.  (And in the mean time, gaming-interested leaguers should come over to San Luis Obispo and visit my thing in late June).Report

8. Avatar James K

Burt, we shoudl probably tlak at soem point about gettin set up for soem kind of Skype-in.  I’d love to be able to drop in, even if only in a virtual sense.Report

9. Avatar Erik Kain

We’ve made reservations and I will be doing my best to improve my alcohol tolerance in the coming weeks. Look forward to meeting everybody.Report

10. Avatar Boegiboe

Burt, you should get in touch with Jason in case there’s anything you need done ahead of time. We will be in Vegas for the week in advance of the symposium, so if something desperate comes up last minute that needs personal attention we can do it. You should have our mobile numbers, and we should probably have yours.Report

11. Avatar Patrick Cahalan

Saturday afternoon I need to go here.  Lots of us should go.Report