Pick ‘Em Bleg

Ryan Noonan

Ryan Noonan is an economist with a small federal agency. Fields in which he considers himself reasonably well-informed: literature, college athletics, video games, food and beverage, the Supreme Court. Fields in which he considers himself an expert: none. He can be found on the Twitter or reached by email.

1. Avatar Johanna

They’re still there. Randy Harris won – maybe he’ll be interested in passing on his prize of Mark’s avatar to the top female (me) – ok just wishful thinking.Report

2. Avatar Burt Likko

Randy Harris won.

Had Kansas upset Kentucky it would have been me, but the Jayhawks never really asserted themselves. UK was the favorite for a reason. So it was Randy.

He wins more than his share of the Monday trivia contests, too. The guy’s good at this sort of thing. Props.

Randy gets control of Mark Thompson’s gravatar for a year and he may request a post on the subject of his choice from the front-page author of his choice.Report

• Avatar Fish in reply to Burt Likko

Congratulations Randy!

It wasn’t as painful to watch as I thought it would be.  I thought Kansas played well, but as you said, Kentucky was the favorite for a reason.  Overall, I’m pretty happy with how the season turned out, considering how thin Kansas was all season (they only really played seven guys).  They won another Big 12 regular season title and advanced all the way to the title game (in thrilling and cardiac arrest-inducing fashion) in a year we were all told to temper our expectations.  I’m already looking forward to what the Jayhawks will put on the floor next season.  Rock Chalk!Report

• Avatar Will Truman in reply to Burt Likko

Randy Harris won.

As always…Report

3. Avatar Chris

C-A-T-S, CATS, CATS, CATS!Report

• Avatar J.L. Wall in reply to Chris

GO BIG BLUE!

My take is that Kentucky was far and away the best team between minutes 5-20 throughout the tournament; Kansas far and away the best between minutes 34-40; it would have been great if we could have seen some consistent overlap in the title game.  But something tells me I’ll manage to live with the results.Report

4. Avatar James Hanley

Isn’t there a prize for second place?  Control of Burt’s gravatar for a week, maybe?  A day?Report

5. Avatar Randy Harris

Thanks everyone. Without bonus points I would have been in third place. I successfully picked a couple of first round upsets.  I do have a history of winning NCAA tourney pools.

I am presently too overwhelmed at work to adequately think about topics and avatars, so it will be about three weeks before I claim my prize.Report