Reasons to Have A Kindergartener in the Family, #1

Patrick

Patrick is a mid-40 year old geek with an undergraduate degree in mathematics and a master's degree in Information Systems. Nothing he says here has anything to do with the official position of his employer or any other institution.

1. Avatar Kyle Cupp

Their perspective is a treasure, isn’t it?Report

2. Avatar Tod Kelly

It’s funny because it’s true.Report

3. Avatar Mary M

Kids are awesome, most of the time.Report

4. Avatar Will Truman

I got an interesting reminder today in how acutely young people (2nd graders, in this case) sense things that do not belong. A mystery bike turned up in the playground and they were just, I don’t know, incensed that there was something in the playground that did not belong there.

Something tells me the necessity that things go where they belong and not be where they do not belong does not extend to their bedroom organization. But man, that there was a bike where a bike was not supposed to be just shook their world.

5. Avatar BSK

The other day one of my four-year-olds told me that her scissors weren’t “scissory enough” because they weren’t cutting properly. I love my job.Report

6. Avatar Rose Woodhouse

Love, love, love it. My oldest is 4.5. Awesome age.Report

7. Avatar Christopher Carr

Some recent quotes from my two-year-old daughter:

(1) “Daddy, your tummy is so cute. Big and cute.”

(2) My daugher: “Mommy, I’m soooo hungry.”

My wife (while handing my daugher an animal cracker): “Here you go, Penny. Look! Here’s a koala.”

My daughter: “No! Penny don’t want a koala! Penny want ALL ANIMALS!”Report

8. Avatar Mike Schilling

When my daughter was about three, and listing all the toys that would make her life complete, I told her that in life you can’t have everything you want, and was met with the unanswerable  “But I want everything I want.”Report