Refresher Course On Formatting Posts And Post Images

Erik Kain

Erik writes about video games at Forbes and politics at Mother Jones. He's the contributor of The League though he hasn't written much here lately. He can be found occasionally composing 140 character cultural analysis on Twitter.

1. Avatar Jaybird

I’ve saved this link into my favorites.

Is there a new “auto-tag” feature?Report

2. Avatar Mike Dwyer

You have to click the File Url button to get the full link. This was left out if the instructions.Report

3. Avatar Mike Schilling

Seinfeld, Season 6, Episode 5: The Pixel Nazi

Memorable Quotes:

Erik: No posts for you!

• Avatar BlaiseP in reply to Mike Schilling

Jerry: See, now, to me, that button is in the worst possible spot.
      George: Really?
      Jerry: Oh yeah. The second button is the key button. It literally makes or breaks the shirt. Look at it: it’s too high, it’s in no-man’s land.
      George: Haven’t we had this conversation before?
      Jerry: You think?
      George: I think we have.
      Jerry: Yeah, maybe we have.Report

4. Avatar Murali

Erik, for some reason, I’m not receiving follow up notifications for any of the posts on the main site. I also dont get any even for replies to my own post.Report

5. Avatar Erik Kain

Another TEST.Report

6. Avatar Burt Likko

When you have a chance, could you maybe send over some help with how to change the video box in the upper-right corner? I’d like to update my sub-blog’s video from Bach’s Prelude to Cello Suite No. 1 — while it is indeed beautiful, there are some other things Will or I might like to put up there from time to time.Report

7. Avatar Jason Kuznicki

This should be a page — linked discreetly from the header bar — rather than a post that you have to re-make every so often.Report

8. Avatar Tod Kelly

The new guy on the logo is good; the other one was a good pic, but the background not matching the white of the masthead was a little buggy.Report

9. Avatar Rufus F.

Two notes:

1. I like how you have it now with the Twitter, Facebook, Subscribe thing in the upper corner, as opposed to an advert, since it’s such a prime spot.

2. I’ve followed these instructions, step-by-step, three times now and not been able to get a picture in the post. It just doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ve got a two year old Dell, so I don’t think that’s it. I have never been able to insert videos either, following the standard protocol for that too.Report

10. Avatar BlaiseP

So my Road Trip w/ Husky has now marched down the page to div class teasers_box . No thumbnail image, though it obviously shows up in the gallery.   Not sure why at this point.Report

• Avatar Erik Kain in reply to BlaiseP

BlaiseP – your problem is that you’re inserting the image (and I’m only referring to the first image here) rather than taking the link and putting it in the Post Image box. Don’t insert, just place the link there.Report

11. Avatar Michael Cain

Is there a reason why the pages no longer fit themselves to the width of my browser window?  Firefox 3.6.28 on Mac OS 10.7.3.  Something somewhere forcing the width to a fixed number of pixels?Report

12. Avatar Rose Woodhouse

I do this, and my thumbnails never work.Report

13. Avatar Jenny

Hey LoOG,

Just re-stumbled upon this website yesterday after a little while, and thought to myself, batch image resizing can’t be so hard! And then I stumbled upon this — http://birme.net/

It’s fantastic.