The First of the Law

Patrick

Patrick is a mid-40 year old geek with an undergraduate degree in mathematics and a master's degree in Information Systems. Nothing he says here has anything to do with the official position of his employer or any other institution.

1. Avatar BlaiseP

And lo, the Leprechauns of the Lord emerged from their hidey holes and waxed wroth upon the Children of America, beating their knees and groinal regions most grievously with lumpy shillelaghs for their Crimes and Trespasses against both the Lord and Nature for their Sinful admixture of FD&C Green to the beer of the land.   And God did smite the Children of America with boils and hangovers for daring to impersonate Irishmen upon the saint’s day of Padraig the Welshman.Report

2. Avatar Plinko

I dunno what all y’all are doing with this green crap, but as far as I’m concerned it’s still St. Urho’s Day.Report

• Avatar BlaiseP in reply to Plinko

Trifle not with the Green Crap, nor with those who imbibe it, for the Lord hath forbidden it.  For as St Urho did cast forth the Grass-Hopples into utter darkness and evict them from the Land of Sky Blue Waters, so shall the Impious be cast forth from the Land of the Free, they and all their plastic derby hats, yea and their little plastic four leaf’d clovers as well.Report

3. Avatar James K

I’ve got to say I really don’t get the whole St Patrick’s day thing.Report

4. Avatar Matty

fermented grain beverages that will be the color of the grass in the field

Surely Guinness is the colour of the coal in the cellar?Report

5. Avatar Will Truman

I always feel a little glum around St. Paddy’s Day. Mostly because my ancestry is English. English, and German, with extraordinary consistency. It reminds me of my boring roots. I like to say “I was born to be boring and to some degree or another oppressing.”Report