My Friends, A Conspiracy Is Afoot

Ryan Noonan

Ryan Noonan is an economist with a small federal agency. Fields in which he considers himself reasonably well-informed: literature, college athletics, video games, food and beverage, the Supreme Court. Fields in which he considers himself an expert: none. He can be found on the Twitter or reached by email.

1. Avatar Jeff says:

+1.

Santorum:  “Elections shouldn’t be about MATH!  Math is hard!  Elections should be decided on whatever puts me ahead.  Yeah, that’s the ticket.”Report

2. Avatar Patrick Cahalan says:

Methinks “Bonneville” is just motivated by anger.Report

3. Avatar MikeSchilling says:

Romney won San Francisco.  And you know what that means.Report

• Romney has won a wide range of urban areas in states Santorum or Gingrich won overall: Des Moines in Iowa, Denver in Colorado, Cincinnati in Ohio, Atlanta in Georgia and Birmingham in Atlanta, to name just a few.  The question the “real” Republicans need to be asking themselves is why their guy(s) can’t win amongst urban Republicans, and what the demographic trends in the US say about what that means in the general elections down the road.  There are, I’m sure, conservative solutions to urban problems; but to simply say that you’re the party of small-town America, and refuse to consider that the urban setting is different and requires different choices, is a recipe for long-term disaster.Report

4. Avatar Will H. says:

Thanks, Ryan.
    I want to tell you, it means a lot to me to see something about an IMPORTED CHRYSLER written by someone named BONNEVILLE.
    ‘Nuff said.Report

5. Avatar Scott says:

What does this post have to do with anything relevant?  Romney is leading in the delegate count so he must have won some “real” places. I want the eventual nominee to have as much support from as many places and folks as possible.

It was the UAW that ruined America’s car companies not Barry.  Chrysler (Fiat) can import all the cars they want from Detroit, I still wouldn’t buy oneReport

6. Avatar Brandon Berg says:

Are we disowning Detroit? I could get behind that.Report

7. Avatar MFarmer says:

Romney is a Detroitan anti-colon-ist quasi-capitalist who wants to fundamentally fiddle with America.Report