Take A Deep Breath, Y’all

Burt Likko

Pseudonymous Portlander. Homebrewer. Atheist. Recovering Republican. Recovering Catholic. Recovering divorcé. Editor-in-Chief Emeritus of Ordinary Times. Relapsed Lawyer, admitted to practice law (under his real name) in California and Oregon. On Twitter, to his frequent regret, at @burtlikko. House Likko's Words: Scite Verum. Colite Iusticia. Vivere Con Gaudium.

1. Avatar Will Truman

What’s strange is that something at least in this ballpark seems to be happening to so many Leaguesters all at once.

I was watching an episode of Numb3rs last night and the geek on that show (Charlie) made the point that randomness involves unlikely things happening in irregular clumps.

I’m not sure if that’s the case here, though, at least with regard to commenter-relations. We seem to have a lot of new commenters coming through. That is most inclined to bring out misunderstandings.Report

2. Avatar Patrick Cahalan

I blame me.

3. Avatar BSK

My students always get a certain cabin fever at this time of year, even with the mild winter we are currently having in the north east.  Limited day light, cold temps (in most places), and several holidays and the stresses they bring make this time of year tricky… for all of us.

Also, we had an abnormally long full moon recently.  I don’t know how, but it seemed to burn bright for 3 or 4 nights.Report

4. Avatar dexter

It seems to me that things blow up here every month or so.  New people, from both sides of the debate sometimes aren’t as polite as the regulars and they either go away after a couple of days, or after being asked to tone it down get the idea and start disagreeing in a courteous manner,  morph into regulars.   And as BSK said, there was a full moon.Report

5. Avatar BlaiseP

Isn’t this the part of the year Tolkien called Winterfilth?   I’m edgy and grumpy.  I offer my apologies for my intemperateness.Report

6. Avatar Simon K

Also, California doesn’t have any frickin’ snow, so those of us out West who usually work out the winter stress by plummeting down hills, can’t.Report

7. Avatar Robert Cheeks