QUACK!!!

Tod Kelly

Tod is a writer from the Pacific Northwest. He is also serves as Executive Producer and host of both the 7 Deadly Sins Show at Portland's historic Mission Theatre and 7DS: Pants On Fire! at the White Eagle Hotel & Saloon. He is  a regular inactive for Marie Claire International and the Daily Beast, and is currently writing a book on the sudden rise of exorcisms in the United States. Follow him on Twitter.

1. Avatar Plinko says:

What do Badgers do? Snarl?

SNARL!Report

2. Avatar KenB says:

A little behind the Alamo Bowl’s total halftime score — they better come out shooting in the 2nd half.Report

3. Avatar James Hanley says:

Interception!

(Now the quarterbacks’ stats are almost identical.)Report

• Avatar RTod says:

Seriously, how fun is this game?Report

• Avatar James Hanley says:

More fun than last year’s BCS title game, which was a bit brutal to watch.

But I do have to complain about the fumble call in the first half.  It looked clear to me that Thomas’s arm had started forward (and I’m not usually a homer on these things, as I prefer a well-reffed game to a bad one that favors my team).Report

4. Avatar James Hanley says:

Touchdown, Oregon!  One more and they can tie the record for most points by a team.Report

5. Avatar James Hanley says:

Did he spike it in time?Report

6. Nob Akimoto Nob Akimoto says:

‘grats to Oregon, game well played.

Now that the most exciting of the bowl games is over…let’s prepare for the yawnfest that’ll be the BCS championship… What’s the expected score line? 6-3?Report

7. Avatar Michael Drew says:

Congrats to the Oregon Ducks and their fans on their first Rose Bowl win in 95 years!Report

• Avatar James Hanley says:

What an elegant backhanded compliment!  [slow clap]

And kudos to Ball and Wilson.  They gave us every bit as much trouble as I feared.  (I like Wisconsin, really; this is the first time I’ve rooted against them in the Rose Bowl.)Report

• Avatar Michael Drew says:

Just playing along with the spirit you injected into the thread at the outset, James. 😉 Congrats.  A well-played game on both sides, at least taking the defensive limitations    (and offensive prowess) of the teams as a starting point.Report

• Avatar RTod says:

Every 95 years, like clockwork! And may I second James – I had not seen WI play until today. They are a blast, and both Ball and Wilson were amazing. Amazing athletes.Report

8. Avatar Plinko says:

I ended up missing the second half between feeding the toddler, cleaning up, eating our own dinner and putting her to bed. I’m still conflicted on whether or not I am sorry I missed it. By all accounts it was really exciting, but I still take the fortunes of my alma mater much too seriously.

Plus, those helmets. The Ducks’ victory proves the football gods are not who we think they are.Report