Are You In for NaNoWriMo?

Alex Knapp

Alex Knapp writes about pretty much everything under the sun, including politics, art, religion, philosophy, sports, music, culture, and science.

1. Avatar Tod Kelly says:

I’m going to skip NaNoWriMo this year. But since it looks like you, Jason and maybe some other contributors may be spending November entrenched in novel production, I’m thinking of making a goal to do a League post each day for the month to pick up slack.Report

2. Avatar A Teacher says:

Are we just posting word counts or are we also going to be posting manuscripts as they come out?Report

• Avatar ASKlein says:

I was wondering the same thing. Is this a lay-it-all-out-there group?Report

• I’m not planning to share daily drafts. I think writing for an immediate audience undermines the get-something-on-the-page drive of NaNo. We’ll probably end up sharing more text near the end of the month, though I imagine people might share entertaining lines or scenes or explain a situation and ask for help plotting out of it.Report

• Avatar A Teacher says:

See for me the daily “Wow can’t wait to read more” was I think the key to my success last time. As long as I’ve got one or two people who NEED to see the next day’s writing I feel like I’m getting somewhere.

I may go back to my old writing blog then and post there daily and then update the list with word counts and memorable lines.Report

• Avatar Alex Knapp says:

I’m just planning on wordcounts. Some of us are interested in having others edit the novels after completion.Report

• Avatar Jason Kuznicki says:

Same. I may publish an excerpt or two if I think they stand alone well. But probably not.Report

• Avatar E.D. Kain says:

There is no way that if I can do this I will have any time to post anything other than word count, let alone to read anyone else’s work in detail…my schedule was full prior to this!Report

3. Avatar James Hanley says:

Does working on my comedic play about a political campaign count?Report

4. Avatar Baron von Trapp says:

A Cain I also really loved was Quai Chang Cain/David Carradine in the Kung Fu TV show–and nothing beats Lukas McCain–is he disqualified for the “Mc”?  Lucas, the baddest of the bad–greatest Western TV show of all time!Report