Beginning in the Middle

Ryan Noonan

Ryan Noonan is an economist with a small federal agency. Fields in which he considers himself reasonably well-informed: literature, college athletics, video games, food and beverage, the Supreme Court. Fields in which he considers himself an expert: none. He can be found on the Twitter or reached by email.

1. Avatar NoPublic

Anybody that knows what a Sazerac is let alone likes them can’t be all bad. Welcome!Report

2. Avatar greginak

Welcome. Looking forward to some good grist for the mill.Report

3. Avatar Jaybird

It is great to have you here! (This is Ryan B, I presume?)Report

4. Avatar trizzlor

Welcome. I’ll start by requesting a surplus of posts about ‘Runway.Report

5. Avatar Burt Likko

I’m looking forward to your work, Ryan. Maybe over time I can gently guide you away from Rye and towards Scotch.Report

6. Avatar Plinko

Great to see you making it to the regular roster, I’ve enjoyed all of your guest posts and comments thoroughly.

On a side note, as a fellow “Ryan B.”, I’m very thankful you’re going to your full last name so I can stop being confused as to how I changed logins and made those comments that are eerily like what I think, but not exactly, all the time. 😉Report

7. Avatar Rufus F.

This was a nice mantroduction. Seriously, though, welcome aboard!Report

8. Avatar James K

Welcome to the League Ryan.Report

9. Avatar Elias Isquith

Allow me to extend to you a boisterous welcome. I always made a point to read your stuff when you guest posted here, and I’ll be very happy to continue doing so on a more regular-like basis.Report

10. Avatar Patrick Cahalan

Let me know if someone teaches you the secret handshake. Nobody’s taught me the secret handshake yet. I think the Inner Cabal is still hiding secrets from me.Report

11. Avatar Steven Donegal

my heart will always bleed Maize and Blue

and man, you’ve been doing a lot bleeding the last few years. Go Bucks!Report

12. Avatar lykorian

Great taste in beverages, Ryan. Welcome aboard.Report

13. Avatar Christopher Carr

Ryan, welcome. I’ve enjoyed your guest posts, and look forward to your regular contributions from here on out.

Serious question: “markets are most useful after we’ve defined our goals.” was also the position of Mussolini on markets. Mussolini’s goals were probably not the same as yours (I don’t think you’re interested in recreating the Roman Empire), but how do you square this view that markets should be the slaves to defined goals with democracy?Report

14. Avatar Zach T.