Fund-raising drive

Erik Kain

Erik writes about video games at Forbes and politics at Mother Jones. He's the contributor of The League though he hasn't written much here lately. He can be found occasionally composing 140 character cultural analysis on Twitter.

1. Avatar RTod

Isn’t that your email address?Report

2. Avatar Rufus F.

Hey, I just posted something. Is there a way to make it come after this and this post to stay at the top of the page?Report

3. Avatar North

Does one have to create a paypal account to send money?Report

4. Avatar Elias Isquith

Could we get a fundraising goal perhaps etc.? Might make it easier for people to know what to contribute or whether they should (acknowledging that of course they should, regardless).Report

5. Avatar Will Truman

Any chance those of us who donate (or have donated) can also chime in on things we would like to see in the future?Report

6. Avatar BSK

I don’t mind a few ads, but that’s just me.

I don’t have PayPal. How else can I contribute? I can cut your lawn…Report

7. Avatar E.D. Kain

I updated the post. If you don’t have Paypal, clicking through on the donation button will give you the option (at the bottom) to use a credit card as well.Report

8. Avatar North

Okay thanks for the new link E.D. I’ll throw in a c-note, I can’t fall short o’ my 2010 contribution or else my past self will mock me.

Besides, I spend enouogh time here that it’s totes worth it.Report

9. Avatar St.John McCloskey

Not that it bothers me any, but does paypal charge a fee for using their service?
    There was an article on Lifehacker recently that suggested paypal alternatives:

Amazon WebPay

Why You Should Ditch PayPal and Use These Other Services to Send People MoneyWebPay is like a free version of PayPal. It does the same thing (online payments with your email address) but doesn’t cost anything to send or receive money. You can also easily pay via text message on your mobile phone. You can fund your account via credit card or bank account—it’s still free either way. So what’s the catch? There isn’t one, really, other than you can only withdraw amounts higher than $10 (or $1 if you withdraw it to an Amazon gift certificate). Basically, it seems that Amazon is willing to forego charging you fees just to get you to use their service. That’s a pretty good deal—especially because you can actually pay with your account online on several retailers. Overall it’s an excellent alternative to PayPal.

Just a minor suggestion 🙂Report

10. Avatar Pith Helmet

Why is Elias Isquith not on your masthead?Report

11. Avatar Dan Miller

I’ve chipped in. I also wouldn’t mind a few ads if that helps keep the lights on around here.Report