The Title of This Blog Post Is Only Slightly Inflammatory

Alex Knapp

Alex Knapp writes about pretty much everything under the sun, including politics, art, religion, philosophy, sports, music, culture, and science.

1. Avatar Alex Knapp says:

By the way, I’ll be out the rest of the day, so I won’t have time to read comments until later. Ta!Report

2. Avatar Jaybird says:

Completely unfair. As a matter of fact, this is so unfair that I question the integrity of anyone who says “I want to read the comments” and is reading this one.Report

3. Avatar Jason Kuznicki says:

This comment posits that anyone who disagrees with me is a bigot. Also, a false equivalence, an insinuation, and an expression of concern about what some people — who are not me are probably thinking. Which would be difficult to refute.

Not saying I agree with it, but hey.Report

4. Avatar DensityDuck says:

At least Robert Cheeks acted like he was taking the conversation seriously, and he can’t even post on the front page!Report

5. Avatar E.D. Kain says:

This is why we give contributors free reign. If one post is deemed ‘unfit’ for the front page, there are always other writers who will step in to right the balance.Report

6. Avatar Jim Henley says:

I did this in 256 fewer words (out of 258) five years ago. *sniff*.Report

7. Avatar Chris says:

In this comment, Heidegger accuses you all of being commies.Report

8. Avatar Mike Schilling says:

This is a bad pun, intended to lighten the mood of a discussion that’s gotten really ugly.

Now I’ll make up for that by writing something really insulting.Report

9. Avatar Koz says:

I love this post. The great part about it is that I can’t even tell if this is supposed to be about anything in particular.

The important thing for me is, in spite of this we need to talk to each other nonetheless.Report

10. Avatar Mike Schilling says:

Insulting the president, while misstating his religion, nationality, and political philosophy.

Calling people who disagree with me politically names.

Calling members of other religions subhuman.

Using a lot of big words to demonstrate my deep knowledge of philosophy.Report

11. Avatar RTod says:

I’ve been choosing to do other things than come to this site for a while, but gotta say: this post is awesome, Alex. It reminds me why I fell in love with it in the first place.Report

12. Nuanced point only partially germane to the post. Follow-up statement about how this is alluded to (badly or incompletely) by a comment on a previous post in the last five days.

A witticism.

Finally, a long-suffering sigh about framework arguments.Report

13. Avatar DensityDuck says:

This is a post necromancy comment so I can tell myself I “won” the argument by getting the last word in.Report