“I’d walk a mile over the Williamsburg Bridge for a Camel!”

D.A. Ridgely

D.A. Ridgely holds degrees in philosophy and law. (He doesn't really hold them, they just hang there on the wall or peek out as initials after his name. (Actually, that isn't true, either. Those are mere symbols giving evidence of his possession of those degrees. (“Possession,” strictly speaking, being a metaphor of sorts.))) (He is overly fond of parenthetical expressions.)

1. Avatar Rufus F.

Marketing to hipsters is a pretty much surefire way to ensure that hipsters don’t buy your product and everyone else is just annoyed by the marketing. See also: OK Soda.Report

• Avatar Rufus F. in reply to Rufus F.

Having said that, I’m seriously reconsidering the anti-hipster animus that most of my city-dwelling friends feel and I used to feel, while living in a city. Residing in a crappy dead-end town now, I can understand why the young people who are more artsy or have more ecclectic tastes would want to congregate together, share their interests, have sex, etc. Is the anti-hipster stance really just anti-poseur or anti-snob? Because those are different things entirely.

Of course, I realize this isn’t exactly related to this post!Report

2. Avatar Jaybird

And now I’m thinking about cigarettes.Report

3. Avatar Mark F.

Um, there were no witch burnings in Salem. Ever. Some people were executed for witchcraft by hanging, however.Report

4. Avatar James Hanley

I hear the cigarette companies are going to be marketing to dead people and cancer victims soon.Report

5. Avatar Christopher Carr