Posted without comment

Erik Kain

Erik writes about video games at Forbes and politics at Mother Jones. He's the contributor of The League though he hasn't written much here lately. He can be found occasionally composing 140 character cultural analysis on Twitter.

1. Avatar Rufus says:

So, wait, should I not comment? Okay. Here’s a comment without comment.Report

2. President Obama isn’t very good at extemporaneous remarks, either.Report

• Avatar gregiank says:

@Transplanted Lawyer, ahh yeah except for the televised HC summit with Repub’s in congress where he pants them. The R’s said they would never do that again and people on every side of the aisle said he was far better then the R’s.

Oh and did you watch the clip? She wasn’t “not eloquent” she had a massive brain cramp.Report

• @gregiank, to say that Obama comes off better than Congressional Republicans is the distilled essense of the phrase “damning him with faint praise.”Report

• Avatar gregiank says:

@Transplanted Lawyer, that joke was to easy, so avoided it.

I can’t keep up with the problems O has with speaking off the cuff. It’s either he is to professorial, talks down to people or can’t do it. I assume one of those criticisms could be correct, but not all of them.Report

• Avatar Jaybird says:

@gregiank, see, I would have gone for “you know who else was a really good public speaker?” but I thought that *THAT* was the obvious and too easy joke…Report

• Avatar Rufus says:

@Jaybird, See, when E.D. first posted this, I was going to leave the comment, “Watching this, I’m really just surprised to see that Arizona has legalized marijuana”. But *THAT* seemed like way too obvious and easy a joke.Report

• Avatar Jaybird says:

@Rufus, oh, wow. That’s awesome too.

I think we need to have a “okay, here’s the set-up” day and categorize everybody based on *THAT*.

The “democrat” or “republican” thing tells us *NOTHING*.

But I could learn a lot from knowing that someone is a “literary” person vs. a “hitler” person vs. a “pot” person.

If nothing else, I’d better be able to gauge where in the country I ought to live.Report

3. Avatar Aaron says:

Eh, I’ve seen worse. And I went to college with that guy! Of course, he was never elected to office (thank god).Report

4. Avatar kenB says:

Has everyone seen this already?Report

5. Avatar Mike Schilling says:

I thought the joke was that the 13 seconds of dead air was when she made the most sense.Report