Ten Second Buzz
September 21, 2023
September 11, 2023
September 12, 2023
August 31, 2023
September 8, 2023
September 18, 2023
September 13, 2023
September 5, 2023
A Message From Devcat
Devcat is exploring some additional filters for moderation. This should be transparent to almost everybody.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 Eh, I'm one who sees fake nurses as a great way to make a compromise with the Iron Triangle. Done fast and don…
- on The Fetterman Fight I'm only five years in the Bay Area, so I kind of still see the importance of formal wear while getting your p…
- on Striking a Chord: “Rich Men North of Richmond” He will begin touring soon. He’ll have a full album released probably within the next six months.
- on Republicans Are Stuck On Shutdowns They didn’t pass a defense appropriation. Unlike the other three furloughs I’ve been in as a fed. That means c…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 We have talked a lot of Kate about the alleged relationship between shoplifting, urban core decay and shifting…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 I'm not sure what the argument is here, especially coming from you? There isn't a perfect system and obviously…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 What are qualifications *FOR*? The NHS found 700 Nigerian nurses had fake qualifications as people stood in fo…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 YouTube's internet algorithm has given me at leas two recent video essays on the decline of Third Places/Space…
- POETS Day! Revisiting Clampitt with Cummings In Mind
There’s a valid complaint about poetry written beginning somewhere in the middle of the last century that claims modern poetry is written for a smaller and smaller audience of attuned readers
- Let Joe Biden Be Joe Biden: Voter Reactions To President Biden’s Events
I showed two videos of Joe Biden to a group of 50 voters who were in their early to mid-20s from different areas of Massachusetts.
- The Brand is the Point: Voting Against Your Interests to Stay in Your Tribe
Normally I'd sit back, decry the situation in Mississippi, vote, and then go get a good stiff drink. I may have to do so again this year.
- Abortion ‘Trafficking’ and the Constitution (Updated)
You don’t have to be pro-abortion to oppose the restrictive intrusion that anti-”trafficking” laws impose on individuals and their right to travel.
- The Spanish-American War and the ‘Empire By Default’
If you like somewhat obscure history, “Empire by Default” is a very readable and comprehensive account of the Spanish-American War.