Site issues

Erik Kain

Erik writes about video games at Forbes and politics at Mother Jones. He's the contributor of The League though he hasn't written much here lately. He can be found occasionally composing 140 character cultural analysis on Twitter.

1. Avatar Bob

E.D., I don’t know if this is a site issue or just a problem I’m having.

The suggested book club reading, Empire of Illusion, seems to have vanished. Any info on this?

Thanks.Report

2. Avatar Rufus

Could it just be that it was my post for some reason and Google blocks the site for a block of time? It says it was listed for suspicious activity twice in the last 90 days- maybe we have to wait for a clean bill of health?Report

3. Avatar Plinko

If you’ve not seen it yet, you might need to work on this StopBadWare group here, it says you’ll need to request a review to get the site marked ‘clean’ once you’ve fixed whatever was causing the reports. Sounds an awful lot like a protection racket, but it appears to be on the up and up from what I can see.

They give some suggestions here on what might be the cause.

4. Avatar Bob Cheeks

E.D., the same thing happened over at PoMoCon a couple of weeks ago. Email Joe Carter, he can help you.Report

5. Avatar Bob

Since the topic is site issues – why are some comments delayed “awaiting moderation”?

Boo-hiss.Report

6. Avatar Jaybird

Might the trackbacks have something to do with it?

In theory, I mean.Report

7. Avatar Plinko

Well, Firefox has stopped finally stopped flagging The League as an attack site, so that’s progress.Report

8. Avatar Rufus

I just noticed that Google is now letting me in without the hassle.Report

• Avatar E.D. Kain in reply to Rufus

@Rufus, Rufus – go ahead and post. Just keep an eye out for weird code in your posts. I’m not even sure at this point if it was our site at all. It may have been another site on the server.Report