Otters, dogs, & liberaltarians

Erik Kain

Erik writes about video games at Forbes and politics at Mother Jones. He's the contributor of The League though he hasn't written much here lately. He can be found occasionally composing 140 character cultural analysis on Twitter.

1. Avatar Rufus F.

I’m glad they’re getting married. Marriage can be tough, but I’m sure that any difficulties they might face will be fixed by the market.Report

2. Avatar Simon K

That should make Megan’s blog at least 80% less irritating.Report

3. Avatar Dylan

This may just be me, but every time I read the phrase “epistemic closure” in a political context, I want to scream, “That’s not what it means!Report

4. Avatar Mike Schilling

And, because Megan wanted to change things up a bit, Cato scholar Timothy B. Lee.

Yup, that’ll add a lot of ideological variety.Report

• Avatar Simon K in reply to Mike Schilling

@Mike Schilling, Heh. But y’know Cato employs people with a very wide range of different views – I mean Tim Lee isn’t particulaly libertarian except on network-related issues, and Bjorn Lomborg is some kind of generic European Social Democrat. Dislike them if you want to, but they’re the least ideologically purist of all the major think tanks and they do deserve some credit for that.Report

5. Avatar Mike Farmer

Jason, yes, I should have clarified that, but I was actually clarifiying the invention claim in this post. I’m not accusing Sanchez of anything — he did state it was inadvertently improperly applied.Report

6. Avatar Barry

In the end, the only difference is that some of those guys might be more honest than McMegan – which wouldn’t be hard. I still think that she shouuld get a Michael Kelly award for the post she wrote the day after HCR passed (the one which complained about the ‘tyranny of the majority’).Report

7. Avatar Jaybird