Tennis-track versus wrestling-track Democrats

Will

Will writes from Washington, D.C. (well, Arlington, Virginia). You can reach him at willblogcorrespondence at gmail dot com.

1. Avatar Sam M

I know a lot of people who like both golf and football. But the divides on the Dem side seem pretty clear. Although it might just be easier to say “rich” and “poor.”Report

2. Avatar Jaybird

XBox 360 track, PS3 track, and Wii track.Report

3. Avatar Mike Schilling

And as always, we baseball-track voters have nowhere to go.Report

• Avatar Rufus in reply to Mike Schilling

I was wondering where boxing fits into this theory.Report

• Avatar trumwill in reply to Rufus

What I would be interested in is how the boxing demographic has shifted as its popularity has declined. Back in the Iron Mike days, it was something that a lot of people kept track of. Afterwards, not so much. Who stopped watching? Who still does? My guess is that it’s become more Democratic, but that’s just a guess. I would also be interested to know how the fact that any and every boxing match worth watching being on PPV affected things.Report

• Avatar Mike Schilling in reply to Mike Schilling

Al least Alfred, Lord Tennis-track got it:

You must wake and call me early, call me early, mother dear;
      To-morrow ‘ill be the happiest time of all the glad New-year;
      Of all the glad New-year, mother, the maddest merriest day;
      For it’s to be Opening Day, mother, it’s to be Opening Day.

4. Avatar Yellow Dog

I believe the correct term is rasslin’. Wrestling is what they do in the summer Olympics.Report

5. Avatar Shannon's Mouse

I’m going to have to agree with Sam M. Replacing “football track” with “NASCAR track”probably gives a better picture of the divide.Report

6. Avatar JosephFM

The funny thing is I’d almost certainly be basketball track, though I’m scarcely an “urban minority”, unless that category includes Jews. Couldn’t care less about most of these sports, but I still follow my Heat.Report