Rachel Maddow

Mark of New Jersey

Mark is a Founding Editor of The League of Ordinary Gentlemen, the predecessor of Ordinary Times.

1. Avatar Kyle

I like Maddow, generally more on foreign policy than domestic but yeah I just try to avoid cable news in general. That said, the daily howler’s takedowns of the MSNBC crowd just kind of proves that those who live by the snark…Report

2. Avatar thomas

Yeah, Maddow is the best that I have watched. I can’t really add to what you have said. I just don’t get to watch her show often enough.Report

3. Avatar Koz

I like her too. Even though everything she thinks is completely wrong, you still get the sense there’s a real person there. It helps that she works on the same network as Keith Olbermann, where the contrast is unmistakable.Report

4. Avatar greginak

Maddow is great. she is genuinely smart and far, far above the standard of honesty in cable news.Report

5. I think ‘fair’ is a very good word to describe Maddow. She’s unapologetically liberal but she will blast her fellow Libs just as hard as the folks on the Right.Report

6. Avatar E.D. Kain

I like Maddow but I’m still a Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert fan when it comes to choosing. I know that’s “fake news” and all that, but I still get the sense that those two are the most honest pundits out there.Report

7. Nob Akimoto Nob Akimoto

Whatever pretense of respectability Maddow gets for her usual behavior is usually squandered by the fact that she continues to treat Pat Buchannan as a credible voice on…sorry any subject.Report

8. Avatar Bob

I’m waiting, but not holding my breath, for the day Keith Olberman has a guest that opposes his point of view. I’m serious, I don’t think Olberman has ever had anyone on his show that was not a suck-up. Oh, I like Keith well enough.Report

9. Avatar NL

What I find amazing is how she lets Ron Paul finish thoughts. She simply doesn’t interrupt him. Pretty unheard of on cable news these days. I don’t have a TV, but my parents watch her every night and I enjoy catching her when I’m at their place.Report

10. Avatar NL

And it helps that she has a great sense of humor. Not like “i’m trying to make a joke,” but more like, “i am genuinely amused.”Report