Friday Morning Musings
After the leap!!! Leap damn you! Leap!
1. Southpark last night was pretty funny. One of the better Glenn Beck spoofs, I thought. The best part was the illustration that for all this talk of the wickedness of the President, if faced with governing themselves the Beckites would have no idea what to do. That and the idea that the scope of government, and therefore its share of the blame, is far more limited than the conspiracy theorists (and Glenn Beck) give it credit for.
2. It rained this morning. Seriously, few things are more wonderful then rain at daybreak and wet, dark streets on your morning drive.
3. The new Avett Brothers album is very good, but not their best.
4. I’m reading Lev Grossman’s The Magicians right now. It’s very good, but I get the feeling it’s about to get better.
5. I need to make more time for reading. Lately I’ve been catching up on Lost which has been very entertaining. But I really do need to make more time for reading.
7. If I were a congressman I would support the healthcare bill. I talk about that at American Tory.
8. I find that the occasional list helps overcome bloggers-block. I’m not sure if I’m suffering bloggers block so much right now as I’m bouncing around too many ideas – both personal and political – in my skull right now.
9. It’s still raining and that, dear readers, is a fine thing indeed.