Please put a penny in the old man’s hat….

Erik Kain

Erik writes about video games at Forbes and politics at Mother Jones. He's the contributor of The League though he hasn't written much here lately. He can be found occasionally composing 140 character cultural analysis on Twitter.

1. Avatar Andy Smith

I suppose this is best done through PayPal. Is a credit card doable? Probably not?Report

• Avatar E.D. Kain in reply to Andy Smith

Yes – credit cards are accepted. Just click over to the sidebar and you’ll see the donate button. Click there and follow the steps. Bottom left corner you can use your credit card instead of paypal account.Report

• Avatar Andy Smith in reply to E.D. Kain

I tried that, and got a message saying please enter an amount greater than zero. I assume that referred to the portion of the page where you put in the amount you want to contribute, though the message was actually below that, in the portion where you put in credit card info. I had entered a dollar value, but I did it again, wondering if I would be charged twice, and got the same message.Report

2. Avatar E.D. Kain

If anyone is having trouble with the buttons or navigating paypal please feel free to email me or leave a comment.Report

3. Avatar Nob Akimoto

The timing of this is somewhat amusing, given that the local NPR affiliate is right in the middle of its pledge drive, too….Report

4. Avatar North

Well my c-note is in the pal as promised. Congrats, you have the distinction of being my first sponsored political web page.

Though for all the reading there that I do I should probably buy an Atlantic subscription.Report

5. Avatar E.D. Kain

Thanks to everyone so far who has taken the time to donate. We’re on track to getting enough funding to bump the site on to a decent host, which is fantastic!Report