Helen Rittelmeyer is “worst ever” and “complete moron”

Erik Kain

Erik writes about video games at Forbes and politics at Mother Jones. He's the contributor of The League though he hasn't written much here lately. He can be found occasionally composing 140 character cultural analysis on Twitter.

1. Avatar Dan Miller

I’d like to consider myself an adult, but I’m still a big fan of beer pong.Report

2. Avatar greginak

Wow, she discovered there is hyperbole on the internet. Has she ever watched Faux News?

The world is better off with a bit less name calling and hyper-partisan poo flinging and bit more polite ( well mostly) attempts at communication.

I’ve never read her before is, contrarian cranky rants her shtick?Report

3. Avatar Dave

It’s obvious Helen does not know me.Report

4. Avatar Jaybird

Chicks read this site? Had I known, I would have been engaging in more alpha male behaviors!Report

• Avatar Bob in reply to Jaybird

“Chicks read this site?”

Well, yeah.Report

• Avatar Chris Dierkes in reply to Bob

other than Katherine and Matoko (and apparently Helen R.) I doubt it.Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Chris Dierkes

If that’s it, I’ll go back to being nice to y’all.

That’s a lot easier than trying to impress chicks, I tell you what.Report

• Avatar mike farmer in reply to Jaybird

It’s much easier to disagree respectfully or with humor. I’m tired of all the blustering. This is a little different, but one tactic I’ve noticed from paritsans on both sides is to aggressively bombard every disagreement with every ideological cliche they’ve ever heard, enforced with non sequitors, assumptions, generalizations and prejudiced accusations, so that in order to respond you’d have to write 2000 word rebuttal. When you address one or two cliches, they ignore the answer and throw out 4 more. It gets to the point where “whatever” is the only response that saves you from exhaustion.Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to mike farmer

Oh, the 2000 word rebuttal! That’s the best way to deal with that sort of thing.

The one *I* hate, more than any other, is “you’re just spewing talking points”.

What irritates me is when I have this thrown at me when I’m talking about some really oblique shit and they throw that out there.

At that point, you pretty much *HAVE* to write the 2000 word essay.

Of course, then you get to listen to them complain that you’re trying to bury them in verbiage.Report

• Avatar Freddie in reply to mike farmer

You libertarians WOULD say that.Report

• Avatar Katherine in reply to Jaybird

I’m impressed by people being nice.

The amount of civil discussion is one of the best things about this site.Report

5. Avatar mike farmer

Freddie — Ha!

A typical liberal generalization.Report

6. Avatar Dave

E.D.,

Can I get my shirt back?Report

7. Avatar Ryan

Helen is the worst blogger on the internet.

There, I hope she’s happy.Report

8. Avatar James

I did my best. Sorry, guys. I’ll up the ferocity in future, see if that helps make things a bit more tumultuous & dramatic. Maybe call Rousseau a dickweed or something.Report

9. Avatar Scott H. Payne

You know, what I find far more disturbing that no one seems to have picked up on (or perhaps simply care about) is that with one wave her magic keyboard, Helen has cast us all as part of the “hipster set”.

To quote The Champ,

I says pardon? Well… I looose it! I Snap! Flurry of punches to the solar plexus… listen to the audio via the link above, you’ll get the idea.

Hipster my eye, I’ve never been so insulted.Report