…and again and again and again…

Erik Kain

Erik writes about video games at Forbes and politics at Mother Jones. He's the contributor of The League though he hasn't written much here lately. He can be found occasionally composing 140 character cultural analysis on Twitter.

1. Avatar Jaybird

E.D. Jane???

I’d be offended. I.N. Sane would have been TONS better, if obvious.

Hell, he could have gone for oblique and called you a milquetoast who wouldn’t hurt a fly and gone for E.D. Jain.

N.O. Brain would have been better!

E.D. Jane? Man. You got ripped off.Report

• Avatar E.D. Kain in reply to Jaybird

Hey, I’m just lucky I’m not David Frum. Poor guy must feel terrible.Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to E.D. Kain

It is with slowly dawning horror that I understand the joke that he was making.

The link above yours was to a Jackie Hunter. I was wondering what she must have written and what her name really must be. Jackie Hunt? Nah, he might have gone in a different direction. Anyway, I get to the page and it’s a Jack Hunter.

His insult was calling a guy by a girl’s name.

Dude. He just called that guy a girl.

Dude. It is a withering insult, in his brain, to call a guy a girl.

Dude.

And I felt a wash of pity that quickly became a backwash of contempt. Insults like that make me feel sorry for the guy.

Lord, I hate feeling pity for people.Report

2. Avatar Scott H. Payne

I suppose that makes me one of the “Multiple Hemorrhoids”? Meh, I’ve been called worse.Report

3. Avatar Chris Dierkes

ED Jane and the Multiple Hemorrhoids. Maybe we should start a really bad glam rock cover band with that name?Report

4. Avatar Chris Dierkes

If we do it as a KISS cover band, then I’m calling shotgun on Star Child.Report

• Avatar Scott H. Payne in reply to Chris Dierkes

Or we could go in a Gwar direction and actually dress up like hemorrhoids. Then at the end of the show, we could bring actors playing our political “enemies” up on stage, call them “girl names” (even the girls, to really rub it in their faces that they’re girls), behead them, and spray their blood on the assembled crowd.Report

5. Avatar Mark Thompson

This is rich. The prophesy of your earlier post is astounding. Actually, it wound up not being outlandish enough – the post that got you so honored was one in which not a single word was your own (including the title) except for the entirely factual statement that “Jack Hunter reviews…”

Beyond amusing.Report

6. Avatar Kyle R. Cupp

Does this mean I’m a Guest Hemorrhoid?Report

7. Avatar HA!

What is he attempting? I honestly have not a clue.Report

8. Avatar Nathan P. Origer

Congratulations, E.D. I am honored to have you amongst this fine specimen of Deranged Bloggers!Report

9. Avatar Ken

Wow. This is really monumentally pathetic.Report

10. Avatar Kyle

“I’m Spartacus!”

Too. Good.Report

11. Avatar Rob in CT

Just browsing that list… is the person who wrote this in the 3rd grade? Because it certainly reads that way.Report