…and again and again and again…

Erik Kain

Erik writes about video games at Forbes and politics at Mother Jones. He's the contributor of The League though he hasn't written much here lately. He can be found occasionally composing 140 character cultural analysis on Twitter.

1. Avatar Jaybird says:

E.D. Jane???

I’d be offended. I.N. Sane would have been TONS better, if obvious.

Hell, he could have gone for oblique and called you a milquetoast who wouldn’t hurt a fly and gone for E.D. Jain.

N.O. Brain would have been better!

E.D. Jane? Man. You got ripped off.Report

• Avatar E.D. Kain says:

Hey, I’m just lucky I’m not David Frum. Poor guy must feel terrible.Report

• Avatar Jaybird says:

It is with slowly dawning horror that I understand the joke that he was making.

The link above yours was to a Jackie Hunter. I was wondering what she must have written and what her name really must be. Jackie Hunt? Nah, he might have gone in a different direction. Anyway, I get to the page and it’s a Jack Hunter.

His insult was calling a guy by a girl’s name.

Dude. He just called that guy a girl.

Dude. It is a withering insult, in his brain, to call a guy a girl.

Dude.

And I felt a wash of pity that quickly became a backwash of contempt. Insults like that make me feel sorry for the guy.

Lord, I hate feeling pity for people.Report

• Avatar E.D. Kain says:

Jane is also a girl’s name, so I guess I, too, am being called a girl. Then again, thanks to the anonymity of the internet and all, and the rather vague first name “E” I actually could be a girl. And beyond that, surname’s are generally sexless anyways.

Pity, from where I sit, has not yet materialized.Report

2. I suppose that makes me one of the “Multiple Hemorrhoids”? Meh, I’ve been called worse.Report

3. Avatar Chris Dierkes says:

ED Jane and the Multiple Hemorrhoids. Maybe we should start a really bad glam rock cover band with that name?Report

4. Avatar Chris Dierkes says:

If we do it as a KISS cover band, then I’m calling shotgun on Star Child.Report

• Or we could go in a Gwar direction and actually dress up like hemorrhoids. Then at the end of the show, we could bring actors playing our political “enemies” up on stage, call them “girl names” (even the girls, to really rub it in their faces that they’re girls), behead them, and spray their blood on the assembled crowd.Report

5. This is rich. The prophesy of your earlier post is astounding. Actually, it wound up not being outlandish enough – the post that got you so honored was one in which not a single word was your own (including the title) except for the entirely factual statement that “Jack Hunter reviews…”

Beyond amusing.Report

• Avatar E.D. Kain says:

Well hmmmmm….that throws my thesis off a bit. Maybe all people need to do is link to reviews that pan Levin’s book. Though I suppose linking to said reviews and calling the man Levinsane would be best.Report

6. Avatar Kyle R. Cupp says:

Does this mean I’m a Guest Hemorrhoid?Report

7. Avatar HA! says:

What is he attempting? I honestly have not a clue.Report

8. Congratulations, E.D. I am honored to have you amongst this fine specimen of Deranged Bloggers!Report

9. Avatar Ken says:

Wow. This is really monumentally pathetic.Report

10. Avatar Kyle says:

“I’m Spartacus!”

Too. Good.Report

11. Avatar Rob in CT says:

Just browsing that list… is the person who wrote this in the 3rd grade? Because it certainly reads that way.Report